You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!
Started by HowIMetYourPet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ok so I have an interview on the 28th of this month as an OOS and seeing now how many people from OOS have been admitted, I'm starting to wonder if there will even be a seat available for me to get accepted after my interview. I wonder why they offered me an interview if they are clearly having success with all of the OOS interviews they have already done..Any ideas? Also has anyone else been offered an interview for the 28th or after?
If you've been given an interview, they're definitely interested, so don't get discouraged. Not everyone who is accepted will end up going there, especially if they're out of state 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you interview in the morning or afternoon... I was on the second day as well 🙂 Wonder if we met.
Afternoon! But I was there all day. 🙂
Bipolar.Can any current vet students speak on the weather in Columbus?
I wish we had a better idea of how they sent them out. The rational part of my brain is like "well maybe they only sent out the first wave of several" but my paranoid brain is like "omg where is the email whereeee"
Yes the email said we would be getting an additional email and a letter. 🙂Does anyone know if we will be receiving a letter in the mail or a follow up email?
I interviewed the afternoon of the 7th. Last name begins with W (is anyone is trying to base it off of alphabet). And I got my email at 6:43am (I'm in so cal so PST).
Pretty much describes the weather of any midwestern stateBipolar.
Yes the email said we would be getting an additional email and a letter. 🙂
I interviewed the afternoon of the 7th. Last name begins with W (is anyone is trying to base it off of alphabet). And I got my email at 6:43am (I'm in so cal so PST).
Thank you!! I got too excited that I forgot to read!!! 😀
Yes the email said we would be getting an additional email and a letter. 🙂
I interviewed the afternoon of the 7th. Last name begins with W (is anyone is trying to base it off of alphabet). And I got my email at 6:43am (I'm in so cal so PST).
So it looks like several people got their emails around the same time.
So it's probably safe to assume those of us still waiting won't hear today. I guess I can stop refreshing my e-mail for a bit 😛
I called to ask if all acceptances were today or if there were in waves and the person at the front desk hung up on me...lol
Hopefully it was just a bad connection because I thought this was a honest question to ask!
Hopefully it was just a bad connection because I thought this was a honest question to ask!
OMG... I hope it was just a bad connection :c
My acceptance email came at 8:56 this morning. I'm IS and interviewed on the 7th in the afternoon, last name starts with E.
Good luck to all those waiting and congrats to those that got good news!
Good luck to all those waiting and congrats to those that got good news!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was interviewed Jan 31st 🙂
AHHH! Late to the party here, but... HELLO FUTURE FELLOW BUCKEYES!!! I just received my acceptance letter this morning and I'm STILL in shock! After visiting The OSU for the interview, I absolutely fell in love with the school, the people, the town of Columbus... Everything! Today's news has seriously been a dream come true!!



For all the staticians out there, I interviewed on 1/24 and received my acceptance email at 6:44am PST (California kid here!)
Congratulations to those who heard back today, and to those still waiting to hear back-- I'm sending positive vibes to the universe that you get in too! We want you to join us!! <3



For all the staticians out there, I interviewed on 1/24 and received my acceptance email at 6:44am PST (California kid here!)
Congratulations to those who heard back today, and to those still waiting to hear back-- I'm sending positive vibes to the universe that you get in too! We want you to join us!! <3
Ok so I have an interview on the 28th of this month as an OOS and seeing now how many people from OOS have been admitted, I'm starting to wonder if there will even be a seat available for me to get accepted after my interview. I wonder why they offered me an interview if they are clearly having success with all of the OOS interviews they have already done..Any ideas? Also has anyone else been offered an interview for the 28th or after?
You're not the only one with a later interview, not to worry!! One of my best friends (who's OOS; CA resident) is interviewing 2/23! I'm certain The OSU is holding a few spots for the later interviewees as well! 🙂
AHHH! Late to the party here, but... HELLO FUTURE FELLOW BUCKEYES!!! I just received my acceptance letter this morning and I'm STILL in shock! After visiting The OSU for the interview, I absolutely fell in love with the school, the people, the town of Columbus... Everything! Today's news has seriously been a dream come true!!
For all the staticians out there, I interviewed on 1/24 and received my acceptance email at 6:44am PST (California kid here!)
Congratulations to those who heard back today, and to those still waiting to hear back-- I'm sending positive vibes to the universe that you get in too! We want you to join us!! <3
I'm from CA too and was also accepted ! more specifically San Diego 🙂 congrats to you!
I'm from CA too and was also accepted ! more specifically San Diego 🙂 congrats to you!
YAY! It seems like there are a fair number of us Cali kids who were offered admission!! (I'm in Los Angeles, so just a few hours north of you!). High five for us in The Golden State moving eastward to become Buckeyes!
...I guess that means we'll all be figuring out how to adapt to living in that mysterious stuff they call "snow" together! 😉
So, it sounds like everyone who got an email today got it between 8 and 10 EST. Doesn't seem to matter where your last name was or when you interviewed, though all but two (maybe three) of the folks here who posted about having got in were OOS.
I'm honestly getting pretty torn up between my IS, MSU and OSU. I really really really loved OSU, but there's that 30,000 tuition difference between the two places the first year that I'm trying to climb over. Are there any current students who were in my same position? Further, how difficult is it for a Significant other to find a decent paying job in Columbus with an IT/ HR skill set?
All over the place. Freezing this week (windchill down to -20 the other day). Last week it was in the 40's one day. Summer can get pretty hot. We definitely have all four seasons. Decent amount of snow in the winter but nothing crazy.Can any current vet students speak on the weather in Columbus?
Did any OOS get accepted without going to the interview? I declined mine but got an offer.
Anybody that got the acceptance email today try to pay your acceptance fee yet? I just tried and can't find the "accept" button to give them my money!!!! Guessing their system just takes a while to update but.... ahhhhhh! Waited this long, want to scure the spot!
Anybody that got the acceptance email today try to pay your acceptance fee yet? I just tried and can't find the "accept" button to give them my money!!!! Guessing their system just takes a while to update but.... ahhhhhh! Waited this long, want to scure the spot!
I went to accept my seat, but it still says pending in the buckeye link! It's starting to freak me out!
I think Buckeye link doesn't update right away. I remember when I tried to accept my interview I had to wait like 24 or 48 hours. I haven't tried to accept my offer yet, not sure which school I'm going to go to yet.Anybody that got the acceptance email today try to pay your acceptance fee yet? I just tried and can't find the "accept" button to give them my money!!!! Guessing their system just takes a while to update but.... ahhhhhh! Waited this long, want to scure the spot!
I think I found the class page. I know last year we got an email from April Pugh telling us about our class facebook group. But here's the URL in case you don't get an email: https://www.facebook.com/groups/410977579058871/does anyone know if theres an official OSU CVM class of 2019 Facebook page yet??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm super happy for all of you who have had offers!!
That being said, I'm sitting here not keeping my hopes very high 🙁
That being said, I'm sitting here not keeping my hopes very high 🙁
I think I found the class page. I know last year we got an email from April Pugh telling us about our class facebook group. But here's the URL in case you don't get an email: https://www.facebook.com/groups/410977579058871/
Thank you so much!
I was able to pay my fee, with buckeye linking changed to accepted, this morning, a little over 24 hours after my acceptance email came yesterday.I went to accept my seat, but it still says pending in the buckeye link! It's starting to freak me out!
Anyone hear anything today... still no email :c
I was able to pay my fee, with buckeye linking changed to accepted, this morning, a little over 24 hours after my acceptance email came yesterday.
Mine still says pending, so I can't pay yet! Hopefully it changes soon!
OK, I have good news for everyone still waiting! I called today and they are nowhere near done with acceptances.
OK, I have good news for everyone still waiting! I called today and they are nowhere near done with acceptances.
Awesome! Yeah, having this going on with a midterm today = no bueno. Thanks for the update!
OK, I have good news for everyone still waiting! I called today and they are nowhere near done with acceptances.
Yay!!
(why can't they send them all out at once, super soon, so we can all just KNOW already!!!!!)
Did they give any indication about when the next wave of acceptances would be sent out?OK, I have good news for everyone still waiting! I called today and they are nowhere near done with acceptances.
Hello, my guess is we will have to wait until the after last interview in February has concluded. Although, I don't think I can handle waiting that long to find out!!Did they give any indication about when the next wave of acceptances would be sent out?
They gave no indication, because I didn't ask 😛 But rest assured they are going to send more.
Oh gosh, I just dropped my deposit... IT'S OFFICIAL! See you in the Fall, Buckeyes!! 😍
Any current students out there know a 4th year who owns a condo or something they might be wanting to sell once they graduate? My sister might be headed to law school at OSU so we're thinking buying might be cheaper than renting!
Congrats everyone!!! I hope to see you all in the fall! GO BUCKS!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question for current students: How necessary is it to live close to campus? I'm from Columbus and currently live in Reynoldsburg (east side of Columbus, about 15-20 minutes from campus). I would prefer not to move, but I am wondering if I will be better off if I move closer to campus. Thoughts?
Anybody that got the acceptance email today try to pay your acceptance fee yet? I just tried and can't find the "accept" button to give them my money!!!! Guessing their system just takes a while to update but.... ahhhhhh! Waited this long, want to scure the spot!
I am having the same problem!! Were you able to pay?
Nope, you're fine (especially if that estimate includes traffic and such). I live 15 minutes from campus and am starting clinics in 2.5 months.Question for current students: How necessary is it to live close to campus? I'm from Columbus and currently live in Reynoldsburg (east side of Columbus, about 15-20 minutes from campus). I would prefer not to move, but I am wondering if I will be better off if I move closer to campus. Thoughts?
same here.... it hasn't changed yet.... I emailed April yesterday but no response yet....maybe one of us should call?I am having the same problem!! Were you able to pay?
I called her yesterday afternoon. She said they were having some trouble updating the website, for me to try again today. If its still not working to call her back. Mine works!same here.... it hasn't changed yet.... I emailed April yesterday but no response yet....maybe one of us should call?