-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!
Started by HowIMetYourPet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah, I just want to know. I mean I'd take being wait-listed too 😛 But ugh... this school is my top choice and I felt so encouraged by the interview.
I'm right there with you! Since we've waited this long I would think we have a good chance of being on a waitlist if we dont get accepted that is! Or at least I hope so! Although being accepted is still my first hope!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG I got accepted to The OHIO state!!! I am literally jumping off the walls right now. 
I was laying in bed and saw this and literarily jumped out of my bed in excitement!!
Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting to hear 🙂

I was laying in bed and saw this and literarily jumped out of my bed in excitement!!
Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting to hear 🙂
Congrats!!!! If you don't mind my asking, are you in state or out of state? Congrats again!!!OMG I got accepted to The OHIO state!!! I am literally jumping off the walls right now.
I was laying in bed and saw this and literarily jumped out of my bed in excitement!!
Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting to hear 🙂
Rejected... again.
Alrighty guys, I just called! They said all decisions should be out by the end of the week!!
I've been wait-listed! It's not an acceptance but it's not a rejection either. So, uh, if anyone out there is sorta on the fence about OSU... kidding of course, but in all seriousness, if you're not sure, please do consider there's some of us who are waiting in the wings for our chance 🙂
Edit: I called to ask and they will not give out rank on the wait-list, but there are about 40 people and they've gone down pretty far in the past.
Edit: I called to ask and they will not give out rank on the wait-list, but there are about 40 people and they've gone down pretty far in the past.
Last edited:
Waitlisred :/ since I'm instate I don't expect to get called off...
But I still got into 5 other schools, so imma be a vet 😀 (and I think I'll be going to Illinois!!!)
But I still got into 5 other schools, so imma be a vet 😀 (and I think I'll be going to Illinois!!!)
Best wishes to all of you attending osu!!
Waitlisred :/ since I'm instate I don't expect to get called off...
But I still got into 5 other schools, so imma be a vet 😀 (and I think I'll be going to Illinois!!!)
Do they not generally call people from in state... congrats on your admission though!
Alternate list. I called and they won't tell you where you're at but the list is both OOS and IS and in years past have gone down to 35.
Yep, they told me the same thing.
Wait listed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitlisted as well...Wahoo one step closer!
Boo. But yay on your other acceptances!Waitlisred :/ since I'm instate I don't expect to get called off...
But I still got into 5 other schools, so imma be a vet 😀 (and I think I'll be going to Illinois!!!)
The instate list probably moves a lot less than the out of state one because of the benefits of in state tuition.Do they not generally call people from in state... congrats on your admission though!
Interesting. Well, here's hoping we all rank high enough on the list to get looked at. I started a thread for all OSU alternates 🙂
Those of you who did not get an offer or waitlist position, don't give up! I know an equine vet who had to apply 5 times before he got in and he's currently practicing.
Those of you who did not get an offer or waitlist position, don't give up! I know an equine vet who had to apply 5 times before he got in and he's currently practicing.
There are not seperate lists for in state and out of state.The instate list probably moves a lot less than the out of state one because of the benefits of in state tuition.
I think what they meant was the out of state candidates may be more likely to get calls, but who knows.
Welcome to the wait list!
I just sent my deposit to Illinois! See you in the fall!Waitlisred :/ since I'm instate I don't expect to get called off...
But I still got into 5 other schools, so imma be a vet 😀 (and I think I'll be going to Illinois!!!)
out of state and thank you!Congrats!!!! If you don't mind my asking, are you in state or out of state? Congrats again!!!
Really? News to me. Nevermind then 🙂There are not seperate lists for in state and out of state.
Congrats on your other acceptances!!!Waitlisred :/ since I'm instate I don't expect to get called off...
But I still got into 5 other schools, so imma be a vet 😀 (and I think I'll be going to Illinois!!!)
Try not to get too discouraged about being waitlisted. I'm IS and was waitlisted (they gave out rankings last year and I certainly wasn't at the top of the list) and I got in! I am not sure if admissions is the same as last year, but this is how the process for *last year* was explained to me:
OSU over-accepts OOS students and under-accepts IS students. The rationale for this is that it is easier to get IS students from the waitlist to attend than OOS students from the waitlist (I think the assumption is if OOS students are admitted at OSU, then they are likely also admitted elsewhere or to their IS if they have one. Most IS students will turn down other school offers in favor of OSU due to financial reasons and whatnot, so they are easier to call off the waitlist). The reason for under-accepting IS is to leave a "buffer" in case more OOS students than expected accept their seats. Last year I was told that they shoot to have 50/50 IS and OOS, which means ~81 IS seats and ~81 OOS seats. However, they only initially accepted 60 IS. After the deadline, they called IS people off of the waitlist to fill open seats first until they reached ~81 IS. Then they went to the OOS waitlist to fill any OOS seats (the OOS waitlist was pretty short from what I was told... They accepted most OOS people as opposed to waitlisting them because as I mentioned, OOSers are harder to call off of the waitlist). I'm pretty sure our class is 81 IS and 81 OOS, but I think that they would have gone back to the IS waitlist if they had exhausted the OOS waitlist to fill any additional open seats. It sounds like they are combining the waitlist this year based on previous posts, so I'm not how things will work or if any of what I explained is applicable.
Point of my long (hopefully not too confusing) post: don't give up hope 🙂 waitlisters definitely have a shot! Good luck!
That's how Purdue does it too.Congrats on your other acceptances!!!
Try not to get too discouraged about being waitlisted. I'm IS and was waitlisted (they gave out rankings last year and I certainly wasn't at the top of the list) and I got in! I am not sure if admissions is the same as last year, but this is how the process for *last year* was explained to me:
OSU over-accepts OOS students and under-accepts IS students. The rationale for this is that it is easier to get IS students from the waitlist to attend than OOS students from the waitlist (I think the assumption is if OOS students are admitted at OSU, then they are likely also admitted elsewhere or to their IS if they have one. Most IS students will turn down other school offers in favor of OSU due to financial reasons and whatnot, so they are easier to call off the waitlist). The reason for under-accepting IS is to leave a "buffer" in case more OOS students than expected accept their seats. Last year I was told that they shoot to have 50/50 IS and OOS, which means ~81 IS seats and ~81 OOS seats. However, they only initially accepted 60 IS. After the deadline, they called IS people off of the waitlist to fill open seats first until they reached ~81 IS. Then they went to the OOS waitlist to fill any OOS seats (the OOS waitlist was pretty short from what I was told... They accepted most OOS people as opposed to waitlisting them because as I mentioned, OOSers are harder to call off of the waitlist). I'm pretty sure our class is 81 IS and 81 OOS, but I think that they would have gone back to the IS waitlist if they had exhausted the OOS waitlist to fill any additional open seats. It sounds like they are combining the waitlist this year based on previous posts, so I'm not how things will work or if any of what I explained is applicable.
Point of my long (hopefully not too confusing) post: don't give up hope 🙂 waitlisters definitely have a shot! Good luck!
Congrats on your other acceptances!!!
Try not to get too discouraged about being waitlisted. I'm IS and was waitlisted (they gave out rankings last year and I certainly wasn't at the top of the list) and I got in! I am not sure if admissions is the same as last year, but this is how the process for *last year* was explained to me:
OSU over-accepts OOS students and under-accepts IS students. The rationale for this is that it is easier to get IS students from the waitlist to attend than OOS students from the waitlist (I think the assumption is if OOS students are admitted at OSU, then they are likely also admitted elsewhere or to their IS if they have one. Most IS students will turn down other school offers in favor of OSU due to financial reasons and whatnot, so they are easier to call off the waitlist). The reason for under-accepting IS is to leave a "buffer" in case more OOS students than expected accept their seats. Last year I was told that they shoot to have 50/50 IS and OOS, which means ~81 IS seats and ~81 OOS seats. However, they only initially accepted 60 IS. After the deadline, they called IS people off of the waitlist to fill open seats first until they reached ~81 IS. Then they went to the OOS waitlist to fill any OOS seats (the OOS waitlist was pretty short from what I was told... They accepted most OOS people as opposed to waitlisting them because as I mentioned, OOSers are harder to call off of the waitlist). I'm pretty sure our class is 81 IS and 81 OOS, but I think that they would have gone back to the IS waitlist if they had exhausted the OOS waitlist to fill any additional open seats. It sounds like they are combining the waitlist this year based on previous posts, so I'm not how things will work or if any of what I explained is applicable.
Point of my long (hopefully not too confusing) post: don't give up hope 🙂 waitlisters definitely have a shot! Good luck!
Things keep getting curiouser and curiouser.....
(seriously, I think the process of getting into vet school is just as insane as falling down a rabbit hole into wonderland)
Congrats on your other acceptances!!!
Try not to get too discouraged about being waitlisted. I'm IS and was waitlisted (they gave out rankings last year and I certainly wasn't at the top of the list) and I got in! I am not sure if admissions is the same as last year, but this is how the process for *last year* was explained to me:
OSU over-accepts OOS students and under-accepts IS students. The rationale for this is that it is easier to get IS students from the waitlist to attend than OOS students from the waitlist (I think the assumption is if OOS students are admitted at OSU, then they are likely also admitted elsewhere or to their IS if they have one. Most IS students will turn down other school offers in favor of OSU due to financial reasons and whatnot, so they are easier to call off the waitlist). The reason for under-accepting IS is to leave a "buffer" in case more OOS students than expected accept their seats. Last year I was told that they shoot to have 50/50 IS and OOS, which means ~81 IS seats and ~81 OOS seats. However, they only initially accepted 60 IS. After the deadline, they called IS people off of the waitlist to fill open seats first until they reached ~81 IS. Then they went to the OOS waitlist to fill any OOS seats (the OOS waitlist was pretty short from what I was told... They accepted most OOS people as opposed to waitlisting them because as I mentioned, OOSers are harder to call off of the waitlist). I'm pretty sure our class is 81 IS and 81 OOS, but I think that they would have gone back to the IS waitlist if they had exhausted the OOS waitlist to fill any additional open seats. It sounds like they are combining the waitlist this year based on previous posts, so I'm not how things will work or if any of what I explained is applicable.
Point of my long (hopefully not too confusing) post: don't give up hope 🙂 waitlisters definitely have a shot! Good luck!
Thanks for the explanation. It's interesting that they're not giving out rank this time and they're not doing separate lists. Maybe they had a closer ratio to what they wanted this time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for explaining how it worked last year! As an IS student on the wait list your explanation gives me hope that I have a good chance of getting in!😀Congrats on your other acceptances!!!
Try not to get too discouraged about being waitlisted. I'm IS and was waitlisted (they gave out rankings last year and I certainly wasn't at the top of the list) and I got in! I am not sure if admissions is the same as last year, but this is how the process for *last year* was explained to me:
OSU over-accepts OOS students and under-accepts IS students. The rationale for this is that it is easier to get IS students from the waitlist to attend than OOS students from the waitlist (I think the assumption is if OOS students are admitted at OSU, then they are likely also admitted elsewhere or to their IS if they have one. Most IS students will turn down other school offers in favor of OSU due to financial reasons and whatnot, so they are easier to call off the waitlist). The reason for under-accepting IS is to leave a "buffer" in case more OOS students than expected accept their seats. Last year I was told that they shoot to have 50/50 IS and OOS, which means ~81 IS seats and ~81 OOS seats. However, they only initially accepted 60 IS. After the deadline, they called IS people off of the waitlist to fill open seats first until they reached ~81 IS. Then they went to the OOS waitlist to fill any OOS seats (the OOS waitlist was pretty short from what I was told... They accepted most OOS people as opposed to waitlisting them because as I mentioned, OOSers are harder to call off of the waitlist). I'm pretty sure our class is 81 IS and 81 OOS, but I think that they would have gone back to the IS waitlist if they had exhausted the OOS waitlist to fill any additional open seats. It sounds like they are combining the waitlist this year based on previous posts, so I'm not how things will work or if any of what I explained is applicable.
Point of my long (hopefully not too confusing) post: don't give up hope 🙂 waitlisters definitely have a shot! Good luck!
Good luck with getting off the waitlist! I paid my deposit (OOS), so I think it's official now. I hope to see as many of you as possible in Columbus next year!
I did a file review before applying with Shayna Mohr, if anyone's interested in doing one with her. She was also very nice!
I have not heard anything yet, but since the national decision day was yesterday, I think some people will begin getting calls soon!
Im In! April called me off the waitlist on April 17th the day after my birthday!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
Congrats!
Hey! Congrats!! Did she mention what number you were on the list? Just to have an idea of how far they've gone into itIm In! April called me off the waitlist on April 17th the day after my birthday!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
I was wondering the same thing, haha!
No she didn't tell me what number I was on the list. It is my in state.
Hi I am still waiting to hear back about the waiting list too. I called the admissions office last week and they told me they will start letting people know this week. I want to know if they started informing people yet!!Anything on the wait list front this week???
One person on here did get called, but we don't know how far into the list she was.
Edit: OMG GUYS, I got in ; . ; I knew I should've checked my e-mail first!
Edit: OMG GUYS, I got in ; . ; I knew I should've checked my e-mail first!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Still praying to get an email!One person on here did get called, but we don't know how far into the list she was.
Edit: OMG GUYS, I got in ; . ; I knew I should've checked my e-mail first!
Stay positive! I was already starting to think I wasn't going to get in anywhere this year, but sure enough, I get home from 8 hours at work and a short birthday party for my granddad and my e-mail notice was there 🙂 The school may have called me, too, but we can't have cell phones at work and I missed the call.
Omg!!! Congrats 🙂)) at what time did you get the email? Are you IS or OOS? And would pretty please mind asking what number were you on the list? LolStay positive! I was already starting to think I wasn't going to get in anywhere this year, but sure enough, I get home from 8 hours at work and a short birthday party for my granddad and my e-mail notice was there 🙂 The school may have called me, too, but we can't have cell phones at work and I missed the call.
Got the e-mail around 5:30 PM yesterday; in-state, and I will see if I can find out 🙂
EDIT: OK, how did you guys who already got in activate your e-mail...
EDIT: OK, how did you guys who already got in activate your e-mail...
Last edited:
Hi so I called Ohio today and they told me it could take a few months to get through the waiting list. They told me last year they called up an applicant to tell him he got accepted the day before classes started. I think you have ten days to commit so that is why it takes awhile depending on where you are on the list.