Ohio State FAFSA deadline March 1 for scholarships? Oops!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greggth

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm filling out my IRS 1040A and feeling pretty smug because I got it done ahead of time.

Then I go to the OSU web page and read:

"Filing Checklist: 1) Complete Free Application for Federal Aid (either paper or web) by Priority Deadline of March 1st..."

OOPS! Today is March 7th.

So I called my parents. They weren't planning to finish their taxes till April 15th. Now they are mad at me for wanting them to hurry up. I'll call Ohio State tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

00000032.gif

Correction:

It looks like it's OK to estimate my parents' income from 2003, based on info from the University of Iowa's Financial Aid office. I will just do that, submit the FAFSA tonight, and hope for the best.

If I had been reading SDN regularly, I would have seen the earlier post on this topic and I might not have had this problem.

that was classic anti hahaha...

yes it is a common misconception that you need to have your taxes done before you can fill out the fafsa. its the main reason why so many people miss out on getting the entire amount of aid they are eligible for.