Ohio State, Ohio Northern & Toledo...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ivana Snoday

Just keep swimming...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are a PharmD student at Ohio State, Ohio Northern or Toledo, please let me know how satisfied you are with the program there?

I’m a high school student. I’ve been accepted to ONU’s 0-6 program; UT’s 2+4 with contingent admission, and have been accepted to OSU’s (4+4) BSPS Honors program. I interviewed this week for OSU’s Early Pathway PharmD (contingent admission) and am anxious to find out the result. I feel really lucky to have 3 great choices to pick from, but the decision isn’t easy. Each has its own strengths and tradeoffs. At this point I’d really appreciate hearing what your experience at these schools has been and if you had it to do over, would you choose the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Having a lot of options is always really nice. Congratulations!

I'm a 1st year PharmD student at OSU and I'm pretty happy with it. I didn't come in doing the 4+4 program, I actually got my B.S. at University Illinois and then had to pick between a lot of programs that I got into for the PharmD program. I got into a few of the top schools, UIC, Minnesota, and OSU, and being from Illinois, it was hard to turn down the instate tuition. But when it comes down to it, you just have to go with your gut. I liked the atmosphere best for my interview at OSU and am happy with my decision to come here even though I'm away from a lot of my friends. I know it's an extra two years for you compared to the 2+4 programs but I don't think time should be a main factor in your choice. You should base it on how comfortable you were there, how much you liked the people relative to the other schools, and whether you could see yourself there for 6 or more years.

Good luck with your decision! :)