Ohio State University-College of Medicine-MEDPATH-Entering Class-Fall 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amartinezz43

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for everyone who is attending the Ohio State University College of Medicine MEDPATH PROGRAM for fall 2007

Members don't see this ad.

What is the MEDPATH program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Man,

I didnt get anything in the mail yet... :(

If i get in, I'm defenitely going...

Am I right to think it is a med-prep postbac program?

if it indeed is the post bac program, i heard they have to invite you, does nayone know how they g about oding that? I think it might be the 7yr program and not the post bac one.

Ryan, Technically, yes, it is a "post-bac program."

I am not a big fan of post-bac programs but MEDPATH is definitely not the typical program. Some of it's highlights include, the post-bac tuition being waved, and a guaranteed spot in the following class considering you do decently well on the MCAT and coursework. Also the courses you take are not all pre-req course work required for entering med school, but courses like histology, medical terminology, and anatomy - courses you will likely face while in med school.

Considering all of the above you must interview for the program, after recommendation from the admissions committee of course. Where recommendation is usually reserved for URM's and those wishing to serve such communities (hope that answers your question jmart)...

good to see pple on here,

FYI for those who interviewed: I decided to go ahead and apply for graduate on-campus housing cuz i figured its the easiest way to make the move(which for me is a long one since im from tx) so i filled out the online graduate housing application(u can find it by searching the main university home page). its not just dorms that are available. there are 1,2 bedroom apartments also. i emailed the housing office and they said that they dont mail out leases till the last wk of May so theres still time to apply but its first come first serve.

just something u might want to think about,

Also, if anyone has undergraduate stafford loans they should be able to get deffered according to financial aid office rep i emailed

good luck to those of who waiting on letters!!!

Considering all of the above you must interview for the program, after recommendation from the admissions committee of course. Where recommendation is usually reserved for URM's and those wishing to serve such communities (hope that answers your question jmart)...

What's URM, so you need to apply, get an interview and then be invited?

Thanks for the info Martinez! :thumbup:

URM = Under Represented Minority.

So let's try this again Jmart...

1) Submit AMCAS and select "OSU" as one of your designated medical schools.

2) Be recommended by the admissions committee for the MEDPATH program.

3) Turn in a supplemental form to OSU for MEDPATH (essays and such).

4) If invited, go interview on campus.

5) Wait for a decision letter that hopefully will not leave you in tears... :(

So you don't need and interview to get into that program. I want to get into that so bad but I don't know how since you just have to be lucky it seems. I'm def not an URM

c'mon pple, lets keep this thread a little more active

today was my last final. so this is how it feels to be a college graduate, huh???.......ummm well, i bet it doesnt compare to what if feels like to be a medical student !!!...one day, it will happen

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone received the email from ohio state asking if it was okay to include your contact info to send to all those excepted?

Whats up everyone. I was accepted into the program and live in Cincinnati, currently. I can definitely help out anyone who has questions about the city and program. Please let me know if anyone needs help.

Take care

Whats up everyone. I was accepted into the program and live in Cincinnati, currently. I can definitely help out anyone who has questions about the city and program. Please let me know if anyone needs help.

Take care

so around wat month can i expect it to get COLD??? being from south texas, i have never experienced a real winter. thats one of the things thats gonna be a big change!!!! btw, are you gonna stay in cinnci or move to columbus(obviously i have no idea how far cinnci is from columbus)........

LOL.. All I can say is be ready. The snow in Columbus has not been that bad in the past years, but it does get cold. I would plan on the cold being here as around the second week of November. I dont know your threshold for cold weather but that would be my guess. I would say mid 40's from that point on, until March. I guess everyone is slow on catchin on to this communication thing. Did you interview on Monday or Wednesday? I hope people get with the program about communicating. Let me know whatever else I can help you with. I plan on having my apartment in August, but will not be living there every day until Sept.

congrats on finishing school. Exactly, where is your school located and home town?:idea:

thanx for the info, ill be sure to pack alot of warm clothes!!!...i went to schoo at UT-Pan American in Edinburg,TX... my hometown is harlingen,TX which is 45min from the university. the area of texas im from is known as the rio grande valley b/c it borders the rio grande river btw U.S. and mexico. so basically mexico is about 30min drive to get super inexpensive alcohol!!!hahaha. im dreading the long drive to columbus, it should take me a little more than 2 days. id rather fly but i want to have my truck up there with me to get around, i just think itd be easier dat way. i applied super early for oncampus housing also, should hear back first wk of june. ive lived in dorms before so, shouldnt be too bad(says cringing!!!!) i also filled out the fafsa a while back, but havnt heard a word yet!?! im 22ya, what about u??? age, undergrad?...o and how far away from campus is your apt? are you applying for financial aid?...and yea i wish more of us would get on this thread and rep the program!!!!!!!

o yea, i forgot...i interviewed on wed. i was the only hispanic guy there...black suit, black/white stripe tie

I thought I remembered you. I interviewed on wednesday. I went to Holy Cross in Mass. I've been out of school for a couple of years now working and deciding on what to do with my life. This was my first option because I knew that I needed book work before entering school. I'm 24 years old. Cincy is about an hour and 1/2 drive from Columbus. I am still in the process of finding an apartment. I'll probably end up taking over one of my friends' places. When I find out where, I'll let you know. All the financial aid info and other forms are being finished up this week. I'll let you know when I hear something as well. Enjoy freedom, it will be coming to a close soon. Keep me posted on any updates.

I'm still waiting on the next person to hop aboard. This program is the best way to start if you need extra work or a need to focus on study habits. Anyway, I hope everyone is just as up beat as us. It will be a great year.
Take care.

Whats up antonio?
I'm going to call the office about this one. But maybe you can get back with me sooner. Did you just fill out the undergrad fasfa form? I know that its still considered an undergrad program. Just wondering... Thanks

How's it going fellow MEDPATHers? I called the financial aid office on Tuesday May 28. One of the guys in the office said that they would be sending the fin aid verification form out to those who have submitted their FAFSA to Ohio State in the next few weeks. And that it will only take a few days for them to give you an award letter once they receive those completed forms. You should just call to ask if they have received your FAFSA application. Be sure to tell them that you are a Medpath student.

thanks for the update

yea, financial aid just emailed me back and verified that they recieved my fafsa, i should recieve awards in early june. its a good idea to check with them to make sure they got your application.....and theres only one type of fafsa, just make sure you mark that youve received bachelors degree(which sux cuz that eliminates us from receiving grants

so did everyone(i guess i mean the 3 of us who are actually on here!!!hahaha) register online?....i mailed my check on the 31st, wonder why we couldnt pay it online???...

Yes, I filled out the registration. I'm just a little behind on the fasfa. I just completed that also. I hope that we hear something soon. I want to know the deal before moving forward with plans.:smuggrin:

anyone receive the form, "verification of undergraduate aid" from the finaid office?

can anyone verify that the last day of exams are dec 6 and the first day of winter class is jan 3???? i checked, just wanna make sure before i blow the bank on a plane ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(

:idea:Check the acceptance letter. I am positive they provide the academic calendar that we are using. I know for a fact that we are still on the undergraduate academic calendar. So if you find it, verify your dates there..
In the meantime, take it light.

:idea:Check the acceptance letter. I am positive they provide the academic calendar that we are using. I know for a fact that we are still on the undergraduate academic calendar. So if you find it, verify your dates there..
In the meantime, take it light.

i just checked and the acceptance letter only gives the start date, sept 5

HEY PEEPS,

has anyone received the "verification of previous non-degree aid" form from the financial aid office? if not, let me know because i asked Trischia snyder @ finaid and she emailed me the form in pdf. i can email it to those who need it...........

T

Hey Team...

We got another MEDPATH'er in here! ;)

Nice to meet y'all!

I have not received it yet. Can you please send it to me.
Thanks a million bro

Hello fellow medpather!!! Hope all is going well. I'm glad to see people catching on with the form. Let me know if you have any question.

Has anyone received their award letter yet???

hey Marquez,

Can you email me the letter?

Thanks!
J

oh! and thanks kmafow for the offer!

I am sure to take you up on it in the next coming days! ha. :thumbup:

J

Has anyone received their award letter yet???

when i called finaid last wk they said we should get award letter sometime around mid July......and check your email for the form i sent

I think you forgot to attach the form. Let me know if its me of/if you will be resending it to me.
Thanks

Do you know where you will be living next year already Tony

Do you know where you will be living next year already Tony

sup klint, hope you got the form i resent it last night. and no, they said i should be notified mid-july about my housing. since i applied super early im assuming i should get something(or else ill be homeless!!!) but yea it looks like the housing plans and financial aid will be comming around the same time.

and if anyone else needs the "VERIFICATION OF PREVIOUS NONDEGREE

has anyone else received an email from cris yash asking about your academic background and what are your strong/weak academic areas??? i got it about 2wks ago, but just remembered about it......

Yes, I responded a while ago. You may want to hurry on that one. She is getting ready to turn over everything to kelly price. It does not seem like a big deal, because the review will allow you to see where you are, but it is helpful because test scores might not always show your strengths and weakeness.
Can you please email me the form? I think I received it in the mail, but I have been on vacation and have not opened the package that OSU sent..

peace

Yes, I responded a while ago. You may want to hurry on that one. She is getting ready to turn over everything to kelly price. It does not seem like a big deal, because the review will allow you to see where you are, but it is helpful because test scores might not always show your strengths and weakeness.
Can you please email me the form? I think I received it in the mail, but I have been on vacation and have not opened the package that OSU sent..

peace

hey klint, i think ive emailed you the form like 3x's......ill try it again though

Dont worry about it. I have completed the form and actaully talked to the financial aid office. I can talk to you more about that on the phone or through email, but I dont want to discuss finances over the internet

WHere did everyone go???