1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State University pain management fellowship; any comments?

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by Ligament, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Ligament

Ligament Interventional Pain Management
    Physician Lifetime Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Would appreciate any insight or opinions you may have regarding Ohio State University's pain managment fellowship under the direction of Dr. Severyn. I am applying to this program currently. It is a small (one fellow) program so I have not heard much about it.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ahh...The Life

Ahh...The Life Membership Revoked
    Removed

Purely rumor, but confirmed by residents I know...

The Department as a whole is on unstable footing. The Department is being lead by a Patholigist. What, Why, How... I don't know, but would be worth asking if you're going to be there.

At least worth asking someone during an interview, but I would research the Chair's name and specialty before asking a question that could make you look silly.

Good Luck

4. gasman2b

gasman2b ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The chair stepped down a number of months back, and the interim chair is, in fact, a pathologist by training. However, he is also 2nd in command of the medical center. I was told that this in no way affects the residency training program, as he is mostly addressing issues related to faculty. From what I can tell, the rest of the dept is stable. Check out their new website: http://anesthesiology.osu.edu/index.cfm Unfortunately, I don't know much about the interventional pain fellowship. Good Luck