Ohio State University pain management fellowship; any comments?

Started by Ligament
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would appreciate any insight or opinions you may have regarding Ohio State University's pain managment fellowship under the direction of Dr. Severyn. I am applying to this program currently. It is a small (one fellow) program so I have not heard much about it.

Thanks!
 
Purely rumor, but confirmed by residents I know...

The Department as a whole is on unstable footing. The Department is being lead by a Patholigist. What, Why, How... I don't know, but would be worth asking if you're going to be there.

At least worth asking someone during an interview, but I would research the Chair's name and specialty before asking a question that could make you look silly.

Good Luck
 
The chair stepped down a number of months back, and the interim chair is, in fact, a pathologist by training. However, he is also 2nd in command of the medical center. I was told that this in no way affects the residency training program, as he is mostly addressing issues related to faculty. From what I can tell, the rest of the dept is stable. Check out their new website: http://anesthesiology.osu.edu/index.cfm Unfortunately, I don't know much about the interventional pain fellowship. Good Luck



Ahh...The Life said:
Purely rumor, but confirmed by residents I know...

The Department as a whole is on unstable footing. The Department is being lead by a Patholigist. What, Why, How... I don't know, but would be worth asking if you're going to be there.

At least worth asking someone during an interview, but I would research the Chair's name and specialty before asking a question that could make you look silly.

Good Luck