Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Would appreciate any insight or opinions you may have regarding Ohio State University's pain managment fellowship under the direction of Dr. Severyn. I am applying to this program currently. It is a small (one fellow) program so I have not heard much about it.

Thanks!

Ahh...The Life

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2005
Status
Purely rumor, but confirmed by residents I know...

The Department as a whole is on unstable footing. The Department is being lead by a Patholigist. What, Why, How... I don't know, but would be worth asking if you're going to be there.

At least worth asking someone during an interview, but I would research the Chair's name and specialty before asking a question that could make you look silly.

Good Luck

gasman2b

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
Florida
Status
Attending Physician
The chair stepped down a number of months back, and the interim chair is, in fact, a pathologist by training. However, he is also 2nd in command of the medical center. I was told that this in no way affects the residency training program, as he is mostly addressing issues related to faculty. From what I can tell, the rest of the dept is stable. Check out their new website: http://anesthesiology.osu.edu/index.cfm Unfortunately, I don't know much about the interventional pain fellowship. Good Luck

Ahh...The Life said:
Purely rumor, but confirmed by residents I know...

The Department as a whole is on unstable footing. The Department is being lead by a Patholigist. What, Why, How... I don't know, but would be worth asking if you're going to be there.

At least worth asking someone during an interview, but I would research the Chair's name and specialty before asking a question that could make you look silly.

Good Luck

About the Ads