Ohio State Waitlist, Unite!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotAnMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I haven't seen much about OSU on SDN, so this is for everyone on their waitlist. I was hoping we could get a sense of who's on it, who really wants to go there, what the odds are of GETTING OFF the damn thing, whenever there actually is movement, and whatever else...

I'll start, I'm on it.
I'm out of state.
I would really like to go there.
I hope the odds of getting in are good.

Members don't see this ad.

Whoa, they started the waitlist already?! I'm only deferred at OSU, does that mean I didn't make the waitlist? :( I'm also OOS.

Messerschmitts said:
Whoa, they started the waitlist already?! I'm only deferred at OSU, does that mean I didn't make the waitlist? :( I'm also OOS.

Haha, I don't think that was the reaction the OP was going for. I think he just means people who are deferred as "the waitlist". I have a friend who's dropping her spot at OSU, so hopefully one of you guys will be in our class next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also an out-of-stater on the OSU waitlist. Just an anecdote for you about people getting off the waitlist: my student host at OSU was initially waitlisted and for some reason never turned in the waitlist acceptance form. She still got accepted in July! :thumbup:

Messerschmitts said:

Well, I got some kind of email basically asking me to accept my position as a waitlistee. I assume it was meant for all deffered, based on the wording.

check status page or call

In state student...You can add me among the waitlisted at OSU...

I believe all deferred applicants recieve an e-mail to confirm that they are still interested in the program...Also, it seems that a decent amount of last years class got in off the waitlist...and that there are several days when the waitlist movement occurred (Following May 15th and also in early to mid June that I know of). Good luck everyone! :)

Damn, I haven't received any e-mail regarding a waitlist, I guess I'll call.

Wait...are you guys talking about this e-mail?

"This is the time of year that we begin to receive questions about our
waiting list and when applicants who are deferred will be notified if
they are accepted.

We will not have an official waiting list until some time after May 15
when accepted applicants are expected to select one medical school and
withdraw all other acceptances. Once the class size drops below 210
students, we will then fill the available seats with applicants on our
waiting list. The waiting list is not ranked but is grouped by the
Admissions Committee vote. For this reason, as well as the constantly
changing list, we are not able to let you know your “number” on the waiting
list. If you are on our waiting list the end of June or early July, we
will be able to give you an estimate of your general location on the
wailing list (upper half, upper quartile, etc.).

We would, however, like to know if you are still interested being
considered for our 2006 entering class. Please take the time to complete
the attached form and return it to the address provided no later than May
15, 2006.

Your application will continue to receive active and on-going
consideration, and we ask that you be patient with our process."

I thought it said "no official waitlist will be made until May 15" or something like that?

Messerschmitts said:
Damn, I haven't received any e-mail regarding a waitlist, I guess I'll call.

Wait...are you guys talking about this e-mail?

I thought it said "no official waitlist will be made until May 15" or something like that?

Ya, that's it. Sorry about the distress. I guess I just look at that as a waitlist, but technically we are all still "deferred". Maybe I should rename the thread...

Any recent news for applicants on the deferred list?

I interviewed mid-February and have been deferred since sometime in March... Very anxious to find out what happens!

bodi said:
Any recent news for applicants on the deferred list?

I interviewed mid-February and have been deferred since sometime in March... Very anxious to find out what happens!

Nothing here.

I'm also in the hazy realm of the "deferred" applicant. I'm in state.

I have to admit, it was a rather anti-climactic waitlist notification. I went from the first deferred status post-interview ("Deferred Decision" I believe) to the second deferred status ("Decision Pending"...gotta love subtleties) in the blink of an eye. I guess it's the antithesis of Dartmouth's waitlist notification, in which they send you a small but think letter with multiple pieces of paper inside. Damn they're good at these games.