OHSU angst

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Treg

Surgeon in training
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was transmitted to OHSU at the beginning of October, and I am still waiting for the secondary. For those of you that are not familiar with OHSU, even though they have an online secondary, they send you the secondary password in snail mail. I am in Alberta, and despite the geographical proximity to Oregon the mail can take anywhere between a few days to several weeks or disappear completely.

I called them this morning since I am going to be in Portland next week. I have already begun to work on the secondary based on SDN information, and I have all of my letters ready. I called to see if they had mailed me the secondary info already, and if so I would like to speed up the process and pay/send the letters next week while in Portland (cheaper and faster).

Here is what they said:

1. Your application should be reviewed this week, but we have Thursday and Friday off so no guarantees. However, I am confident that you will be offered a secondary.

2. You can go ahead and mail your letters when you are here, since we already have a file started for you.

3. Once you receive the secondary, you have two months to complete it, and we interview until May.

So my thinking is-

If I am going to be offered the secondary, then give it to me already!! I want to be complete as soon as possible so I can interview sometime reasonable, NOT May (if I even get the invite).

There are so many threads from last year bashing the OHSU admissions process, and now I see why.

:mad:

+pissed+

:smuggrin: OHSU!

Members don't see this ad.

well it is the busy season so you kinda have to expect it.

and i do believe there are a bunch of other schools that are slow and somewhat frustrating as well....ie. cali.

but at least you know you passed their mini screen.

hey there, there are previous threads discussing what is on the OHSU secondary-- and I think the password is on this thread. I'd search for it. Also, bear in mind that they screen for out of state secondaries....