OHSU interviews in March?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbic19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been complete at OHSU since early December (when I received the post card). Has anyone heard back recently about an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been complete at OHSU since early December (when I received the post card). Has anyone heard back recently about an interview?

Last reported interview invite was last weekend (third hand). Just do a search, there are a few threads on this.
:luck:

I was complete in early december and interviewed last week. We had the choice of interviewing this week, too. I think they're getting pretty close to wrapping things up.
You should write a letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite in the mail today. It seems that they're wrapping up interviews in early April.

I received a phone call yesterday to invite me to interview on the last day available: April 10th. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass...

tell them to pass your spot on to me. ;-)

I received a phone call yesterday to invite me to interview on the last day available: April 10th. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass...

If you don't mind me asking, why are you going to pass? Just curious.

I presume better options.

Yeah, I figured as much. It's just that I noticed that he/she is in Portland, thus I was curious as to whether he/she knew some information about OHSU that was off-putting. Just trying to get as much info as I can. :D

Or already have an acceptance and don't want to interview for a waitlist spot. All schools have to have offered acceptances equal to the number of seats in their class by mid to late March, so any OHSU interview right now is for the waitlist, basically. On the bright side, OHSU has excellent waitlist movement (about 77 spots last year!)

Or already have an acceptance and don't want to interview for a waitlist spot. All schools have to have offered acceptances equal to the number of seats in their class by mid to late March, so any OHSU interview right now is for the waitlist, basically. On the bright side, OHSU has excellent waitlist movement (about 77 spots last year!)

If it's at all encouraging, people interviewing late at OHSU are interviewing for direct admit--not for waitlist spots. Contrary to most schools, OHSU doesn't fill their seats until May. Best of luck!

If it's at all encouraging, people interviewing late at OHSU are interviewing for direct admit--not for waitlist spots. Contrary to most schools, OHSU doesn't fill their seats until May. Best of luck!

How can that be? I thought that the AAMC stipulates that every school must have their class technically "full" by the end of March. I know when I interviewed at OHSU they said most people wouldn't find out until April or May, but I thought they still had to offer at least 120 acceptances by the end of March. I don't get it.

How can that be? I thought that the AAMC stipulates that every school must have their class technically "full" by the end of March. I know when I interviewed at OHSU they said most people wouldn't find out until April or May, but I thought they still had to offer at least 120 acceptances by the end of March. I don't get it.

OHSU does what they want and doesn't bother following AAMC guidelines. When I applied, they didn't fill their class until late May. Not the most applicant friendly school. :rolleyes:

My understanding of AAMC is that the class has to be full by May 15th. As long as they have every seat with a name on it by that date, they're good to go. If people pull out at the last minute (just prior to May 15th) that opens up some more spots, and I don't think OHSU rushes to fill them until after their waitlist is compiled and ranked. I haven't checked with AAMC in a while though, and I'm going solely from memory, so I'd say it's worth looking up. :)