OHSU (OOS) vs OU (IS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justforfun15

Reaction score
Hi SDN! I was accepted to the University of Oklahoma (IS) and just recently got accepted to OHSU (OOS). I feel like the safest and most comfortable option would be OU since I'm in state, but OHSU was my "long-shot" school and somehow I got in! I've always heard OU has a strong clinical program but I'm not really sure how they compare nationwide? I would like to go to a school where I won't need to do a residency to practice general :) Would appreciate any and all thoughts.

OU (IS)
Pros
  • in-state
  • strong (?) clinical program
  • already familiar with area
  • cheaper leaving expenses
Cons
  • not really any besides me wanting to leave oklahoma
  • i also know like everyone in my class and just want to start fresh with new people and new experiences
OHSU (OOS)
Pros
  • strong clinical program
  • beautiful area
  • possible research opportunities
  • would use the heck out of public transportation
  • great opportunities for photography (i'm trying to grow my side hustle)
Cons
  • out of state tuition
  • more expensive living expenses
  • moving expenses

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SDN! I was accepted to the University of Oklahoma (IS) and just recently got accepted to OHSU (OOS). I feel like the safest and most comfortable option would be OU since I'm in state, but OHSU was my "long-shot" school and somehow I got in! I've always heard OU has a strong clinical program but I'm not really sure how they compare nationwide? I would like to go to a school where I won't need to do a residency to practice general :) Would appreciate any and all thoughts.

OU (IS)
Pros
  • in-state
  • strong (?) clinical program
  • already familiar with area
  • cheaper leaving expenses
Cons
  • not really any besides me wanting to leave oklahoma
  • i also know like everyone in my class and just want to start fresh with new people and new experiences
OHSU (OOS)
Pros
  • strong clinical program
  • beautiful area
  • possible research opportunities
  • would use the heck out of public transportation
  • great opportunities for photography (i'm trying to grow my side hustle)
Cons
  • out of state tuition
  • more expensive living expenses
  • moving expenses
cheapest