OHSU secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

CyclinE

Has anyone received anything from OHSU yet? (oregon health sciences university)

btw, any 2006'ers want to share their OHSU interview questions? :)

Members don't see this ad.

nope...i haven't received OHSU's secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
They were very slow last year, especially for out-of-staters. On the other hand, the young woman who answers the phone in admissions is very nice and helpful. I loved that school (but was rejected post-interview :( ).

Originally posted by SMW
They were very slow last year, especially for out-of-staters. On the other hand, the young woman who answers the phone in admissions is very nice and helpful. I loved that school (but was rejected post-interview :( ).

so...how about posting your interview questions?? :)

I had a dozen interviews last year, and they all sort of run together. As I recall, I had 2, maybe 3, interviews at OHSU, and spent a lot of time explaining why they should admit me, when I would no doubt get into my state school (U. of Washington, because Alaska doesn't have a med school. They reserve a whopping 10 slots for Alaskans. I was waitlisted). I actually thought the interviews went well, and I followed up with a letter detailing my ties to Oregon, which are extensive. Good luck to all applying there. Portland is a wonderful city, and the students there are very happy campers.

I have worked in surgery and research at OHSU for the past 5 years. The only downfall I see in this school from a peripheral point and interaction among many people, is the library. They have 2 libraries and one is fairly good, but the other is absolutely terrible. I have never seen a more pathetic library than the one here... which, as a student, would concern me. Who knows, maybe a nice library isn't a big deal too you, but i'll be applying here next year and it won't be my first choice simply because i feel it could do better with the library... of course, my first choice must have all the details!

you do surg research - 3rd floor machall? haha

u at ohsu right now? the old library is rad man, what are u talking about. ;)

Everyone does not have the same interviewer(s), and even the same interviewer tailors their questions to the applicant at hand. I recommend Essay Edge's Medical Interview site for great tips on interview preparation.