C

CyclinE

Has anyone received anything from OHSU yet? (oregon health sciences university)

btw, any 2006'ers want to share their OHSU interview questions? :)

About the Ads

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
They were very slow last year, especially for out-of-staters. On the other hand, the young woman who answers the phone in admissions is very nice and helpful. I loved that school (but was rejected post-interview :( ).

C

CyclinE

Originally posted by SMW
They were very slow last year, especially for out-of-staters. On the other hand, the young woman who answers the phone in admissions is very nice and helpful. I loved that school (but was rejected post-interview :( ).

so...how about posting your interview questions?? :)

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
I had a dozen interviews last year, and they all sort of run together. As I recall, I had 2, maybe 3, interviews at OHSU, and spent a lot of time explaining why they should admit me, when I would no doubt get into my state school (U. of Washington, because Alaska doesn't have a med school. They reserve a whopping 10 slots for Alaskans. I was waitlisted). I actually thought the interviews went well, and I followed up with a letter detailing my ties to Oregon, which are extensive. Good luck to all applying there. Portland is a wonderful city, and the students there are very happy campers.

TheRock

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Status
I have worked in surgery and research at OHSU for the past 5 years. The only downfall I see in this school from a peripheral point and interaction among many people, is the library. They have 2 libraries and one is fairly good, but the other is absolutely terrible. I have never seen a more pathetic library than the one here... which, as a student, would concern me. Who knows, maybe a nice library isn't a big deal too you, but i'll be applying here next year and it won't be my first choice simply because i feel it could do better with the library... of course, my first choice must have all the details!

C

CyclinE

you do surg research - 3rd floor machall? haha

u at ohsu right now? the old library is rad man, what are u talking about. ;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads