OHSU vs. Pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buffy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
MD/MPH at OHSU or MD at Pitt? I loved them both and am having a really hard time choosing. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by buffy:
•MD/MPH at OHSU or MD at Pitt? I loved them both and am having a really hard time choosing. Any suggestions?•••••bump

You've got two great choices there...you can't go wrong with either one! Financial aid, proximity to family and friends, where you want to live for 4 years...a ton of these personal factors come in to play...so just go with the one that satisfies the majority of these...and if that doesn't work, go with your gut!

Members don't see this ad :)
you can always apply to the MD/MPH at Pitt after your first year

Come up here to Portland it's better than Pitt. We've even had a few more high speed car pursuits recently so you california folk should be right at home. Except the only differnce here is that people don't drop everything their doing just to wat the helicopter footage. Also, Porltand boasts the most strip clubs per capita (i heard...no personal research) in the country.

Other than my nonsense, Portland is a great place to live...pretty laid back. In addition, I don't think you can go wrong at either school.

Good luck!

I was accepted to Oregon, and waitlilted at Pitt. So until I chose to go to my state school (New Mexico) I was going through the same delima. My personal choice would be OHSU. I went to school in Pittsburgh and although it was a pretty good place to live I would rather live in Portland. I loved it the two days I was there when I interviewed. Both are also excellent school and they have similar cirriculums so I would say to just go with your gut feeling. In terms of location, while both places are cloudy most of the time, Pittsburgh is MUCH colder. Good luck in your choice.

Thanks for all your words of wisdom! I'm going to see both again for a second look, and hopefully that will clarify things some. In some ways it does feel like an east coast vs. west coast question, especially since they're both seemingly great places.