Ohsu?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Old_Mil

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how things are going there? I submitted my secondary (out of state) and was really hoping for an interview, but have yet to hear anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Old_Mil said:
Anyone know how things are going there? I submitted my secondary (out of state) and was really hoping for an interview, but have yet to hear anything.

I interviewed there in November, and they said that very few people (less than 5%) get accepted initially. The rest are put in a hold pool. This is so people who interview in April have the same chance as those who interview in October. So, don't start worrying yet! Did you get the postcard in the mail saying that you were complete?

UCLAstudent said:
I interviewed there in November, and they said that very few people (less than 5%) get accepted initially. The rest are put in a hold pool. This is so people who interview in April have the same chance as those who interview in October. So, don't start worrying yet! Did you get the postcard in the mail saying that you were complete?

Yep, I got the postcard. Was considering following up my secondary with a "letter of interest" but given the above it sounds like that might be premature.

Guess we shall wait and see.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got rejected. ****ers.

I can't afford to go there anyway.

Old_Mil said:

I am out of state also and I haven't heard anything from them my application was complete in late August I believe.

I'm out of state, but an MD/MPH applicant, and I received an interview invite last month. I believe I was complete in August, so it did take them a while to get to me. Don't worry too much yet! :)

OMG I **just** received an interview invite from them in the mail... after reading this thread earlier today I was sure for a moment that it was my first rejection...

Yay! I'll be interviewing in February. I was complete in October (August MCATer here).

UCLAstudent said:

I don't remember the details of that from my interview. So I guess I should feel special about getting an acceptance at this point? Don't worry for you die hard OHSU people, I am pretty sure I won't end up there (just too expensive, even in state :()

Treg

Treg said:
I don't remember the details of that from my interview. So I guess I should feel special about getting an acceptance at this point? Don't worry for you die hard OHSU people, I am pretty sure I won't end up there (just too expensive, even in state :()

Treg

Yeah, that is why it is so cool that you got in already! I hope I have the same luck, but I kind of doubt it. BTW, how long after you interviewed did they notify you of your acceptance?

UCLAstudent said:
Yeah, that is why it is so cool that you got in already! I hope I have the same luck, but I kind of doubt it. BTW, how long after you interviewed did they notify you of your acceptance?

I interviewed at the end of October, and heard back around three weeks later. Good luck :luck:

Treg

Treg said:
I interviewed at the end of October, and heard back around three weeks later. Good luck :luck:

Treg
Congratulations Treg, that's awesome!

I interviewed three weeks ago tomorrow! Oh, I hope I hear something good! :love:

UCLAstudent said:
I interviewed three weeks ago tomorrow! Oh, I hope I hear something good! :love:

Keep in mind that I called them, since I recently received an additional reference letter and I wasn't sure if I needed to send it (i.e. had they made a decision yet?). They told me over the phone, and I got the letter about a week later (but I am in Canada, so that takes longer!).

Treg