Ohsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icaruswalks

premed to attending
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Waitlisted? I don't even know what that means exactly...

- edit -

Any thoughts on this program?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the OHSU internal medicine program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment on the OHSU internal medicine program?

It is in Portland.

While a mere shadow of the program I matched to lo these many years ago, it's still pretty good.

Probably the best combination of cush and teaching on the West coast.

Great if you want to be a hospitalist, a PCP or do Cards or PCCM. Not so great for other career plans.

That you will not match and that nobody loves you.

This clearly needed it's own thread and I'm glad one was started.

There wasn't a general OHSU thread either, and I didn't wanna post it in the interview invite section cuz it's not an invite...but not a rejection either.

It is in Portland.

While a mere shadow of the program I matched to lo these many years ago, it's still pretty good.

Great if you want to be a hospitalist, a PCP or do Cards or PCCM. Not so great for other career plans.

Why is it a "mere shadow of the program" that you matched into? What's changed? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Anybody with a mid-December invite want to switch to an early December date?

Hey! I have an Interview date in January that I'm hoping to switch with someone.

My ideal date would be January 7th, but others may work as well....

Let me know!

Last edited:
Did anybody catch what the typical yearly schedule is for interns at OHSU? I.e. how many call months do they have, and how does this change for 2nd/3rd years? This is one of the few things that is not explained on their website. I'm assuming the 3+1 schedule means more call months, but I'm not sure how it works.

It is in Portland.

Did anyone else think OHSU was Ohio State University? :oops: I thought gutonc was kidding about Portland... but then remembered friends applying there for medical school. I should have realized gutonc never kids :smuggrin:

Just had my interview here. I love this place! 3+1 is pure awesomeness, and the new PD is great too!