OIS PT and ipods

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hotcarl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are the PT requirements to max out for a 26 y.o. male?

ans

can we bring and ipod to OIS and if so can we use it while running?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In general, any unit PT in formation, iPods or headphones are not allowed. If you are working out on your own during unit PT time, then headphones/iPods are allowed. On most all bases, you can not use headphones while not running on a track or designated running area.

This may or may not be the case at OIS, but from personal experience at a variety of locations.

BK

I would definitely take the ipod and then see if you could use it there. The above post is right about restrictions, but you have some time to PT on your own. It would've been nice if I'd had an iPod then . . . .

Members don't see this ad :)
what are the PT requirements to max out for a 26 y.o. male?

thanks

80 situps in 2 minutes
75 pushups in 2 minutes
13:00 for a 2-mile run.

Sorry, no i-pods during official test!

And interestingly, when you hit 27 years old, your requirements for a max score go UP for pushups (to 77) and situps (to 82) but you get more time (13:18) for the run.

Oh, by the way, this is for the Army PT test . . . if you're talking about Navy or AF, I have no idea, but you can probably just Google it . . .

X-RMD -- never even came close . . . :p

80 situps in 2 minutes
75 pushups in 2 minutes

Sorry, no i-pods during official test!

And interestingly, when you hit 27 years old, your requirements for a max score go UP for pushups (to 77) and situps (to 82) but you get more time (13:18) for the run.

Oh, by the way, this is for the Army PT test . . . if you're talking about Navy or AF, I have no idea, but you can probably just Google it . . .

X-RMD -- never even came close . . . :p
What are the minimum requirements? I've heard 50% and I've heard 60 or 70 %.
If it's 50%, for a 29 yo, the minimum passing would be 36 su and 30 pu. does this sound right or way too low?

If youre Air Force, yes you can use the ipod, but they must be USAF approoved Eddie Bauer edition iPods with sky blue earphones.

80 situps in 2 minutes
75 pushups in 2 minutes

I was always one of those guys that got the free T-shirt for being in the top 10%, but I don't think I could do two miles in 13 minutes, even when I was younger... that's running at a pretty good clip.

I was always one of those guys that got the free T-shirt for being in the top 10%, but I don't think I could do two miles in 13 minutes, even when I was younger... that's running at a pretty good clip.
Assuming you don't have to do the pushups, situps, and run all back to back, 6.5 minute miles are completely doable, and I'm definitely not a runner. A decent high school athlete should be able to do that without too much trouble. In fact, how that's at all commensurate with 75 pushups in 2 minutes is totally beyond me.

That said, if I met myself now as an 18 year old, I'd probably give current me a scornful look and a disapproving shake of the head. Le sigh.

6.5 minute miles are completely doable, and I'm definitely not a runner. A decent high school athlete should be able to do that without too much trouble

Without too much trouble? If you're "not a runner," and can just jump up and do a six minute mile, then you should drop to your knees right now and thank almighty God for your tremendous physical gift.

Six-minutes miles are generally considered pretty swift for a non-professional runner... IIRC, that's roughly what the Army requires for Ranger school.

Ha, six minute mile splits are nuts. I was a high school athlete and I could do it straight out of high school. Unfortunately I had to go to college before I could apply for med school and HPSP. Not only that, I saw quite a few recent med school grads who were OIS. These guys were way out of shape and couldn't be expected to make a 10 minute split let alone a 6 minute split at the beginning of training. No, 6 minutes is a little excessive.