• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Ok it's time to ask for some advice

jthomp26

5+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2010
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey everybody.... I'm really not sure what I should do here....so I need some advice from people who have taken classes.

I am a non-traditional student...I was in the military and now I'm planning on attending dental school...hopefully in 2014. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and I've sort of been taking a variety of classes here and there...although I always had dentistry in the back of my mind....so I've taken quite a few science classes.

I've put my self in a difficult situation though....and here it is:

I am 33 credits shy of getting my B.S. I need 33 hours and the classes that I'm planning on taking are as follows -

Class Credit hours

Cell and molec 3
Cell molec Lab 3
microbio 5
physiology 3
biochem 3
immuno 3
analytical chem 4
neurobio 4
calculus 4

I want to take my DAT this summer obviously...and the issue is that if I want to have a solid 2 months studying for the DAT then I can't take any courses during the summer....or....I have to select the easiest courses from my list. Because I've bounced around...really all I have left are all of these upper level courses.

So here's where I need the advice..... I have 4 options:

1. Take the DAT in late June and take 2 classes during the second half of the summer semester.......and since the second half would start in late May I would be sacraficing about a week and a half of my summer classes to study for the DAT...which could potentially be detrimental

2. Take the easiest class I can during the first half of the summer and do that while studying for the DAT.

3. Take no classes during the summer and fit them all into the Fall/Winter semesters...risking a heart attack....or worse - bad grade/s

4. Take no classes during the summer....and take a manageable courseload during the Fall/Winter....which would lead to being 3-6 credits short of graduation...and pray that a D-school overlooks the lack of a degree.

SO with that said....what option would choose? And if it's option 1 or 2....what are the relatively/B]easiest classes out of that list that you've taken?

jthomp26

5+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2010
  1. Pre-Dental
That makes me think of another question....probably a dumb one...and I don't know if anyone knows the answer.

I'll be googling it in the meantime but if anyone knows the answer to this...

I lived in Texas for 2 years and North Carolina for 4...and then Michigan for....ohh...24 years....

Do you keep residency in a state once you leave? I still have an NC drivers license.

About the Ads

aznboi89x

7+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
Texas
  1. Dentist
That makes me think of another question....probably a dumb one...and I don't know if anyone knows the answer.

I'll be googling it in the meantime but if anyone knows the answer to this...

I lived in Texas for 2 years and North Carolina for 4...and then Michigan for....ohh...24 years....

Do you keep residency in a state once you leave? I still have an NC drivers license.

That I don't know. U need to call local DPS?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.