OK to wait until 1st week in June to submit aacom application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting back from some schools...think I would fall behind if I waited until 1st week of june to submit my application? thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

theDr. said:
I am still waiting back from some schools...think I would fall behind if I waited until 1st week of june to submit my application? thanks..
I don't think you would. Last year I submitted my AACOMAS in mid July. I received secondaries in early August and interviewed on the 2nd day of interviews at TUCOM, and interviewed at AZCOM in mid September and COMP at mid October.

The key is to get your secondaries and LORs out right when you get the secondary. In this way, you can probably afford to wait till even late June to send out your primary app while waiting for waitlists on your other schools.

does that mean i only send LORs AFTER i get secondaries from them? which means, that with application, they only want transcripts and mcat scores right?

SoonToBeDoc said:
does that mean i only send LORs AFTER i get secondaries from them? which means, that with application, they only want transcripts and mcat scores right?
Yes you send your LORs after you get a secondary. For the AACOMAS app, you just need to send your transcripts and MCAT scores.