Ok, your in..can you slack off now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realruby2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What GPA do you need to maintain your senior year in college if ur lucky enough to get into medschool? is it different for all schools? anyone know about nova ccom and any others?

Members don't see this ad.

once you're in, you're in. as long as you pass any pre-req's you might be taking, you're home free. Hell, you don't really even need to graduate, as long as you have met the req's the med school wanted. :)

take it easy

homonculus

I am not of course an expert in anything except army scholarships ;) but I do recall a previous post where the individual had his/her acceptance recinded due to his poor performance in the last semester. And if I recall it was stated that the classes in question were not part of the pre-reqs but that the GPA fell below the minimum.
Just leave the two cents on the table. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, you can definitely get rejected after an acceptance.... but you would really have to screw up....

I wouldn't suggest slackin' off just because you got accepted already. What I would do is take a few course similar to the first semester/quarter of that particular medical school.... if you've taken those course already then do a different class.... First exposure of materials during undergrad is definitely helpful the second time around in medical school.... Good luck :)

Tulane doesn't know whether i graduated or not, nor do they know if my GPA dipped ... Strange, all they say in the letter is basically "Just try to finish up whatever it is you're doing". After that, they don't ask...

Why would it matter anyway? It seems like some stupid high school punishment to take away an acceptance just because you decided to goof off senior year. I don't think it reflects at all on what kind of a medical student you will be. I slacked for the last 2 years, and I was easily able to pick it up this year. Not honoring anything, but above the average.

The best thing is to find out from someone at that school, and they'll tell you if the school expects a transcript or a diploma or whatever at the end, and then you can make a judgement on how you will spend the next few months of your life.

Simul
Tulane Med '05