Okay to mention another interview if trying to reschedule interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxabi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I received an interview invitation and was only offered one date, however I am already interviewing at another school on that date. When re-scheduling my own most recent interview, is it okay to mention having another interview? Or is it best to say that I have a prior commitment and keep it vague? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just send an email to the office, state that you are sorry but something has come up, and ask if it is at all possible to reschedule your interview.

They won't ask or give a ****. They will do it. The person interviewing you will likely have no idea this happened, assuming you are giving enough notice that they can fill your slot (you better be doing that).

Thank you! Yea i just received the II this afternoon and they only offered me one date so I picked that one just to hold my spot, and I plan to call in the AM. Just wanted to make sure my reasoning was good enough, if asked by admissions. Thank you!