This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mynameismanny

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am trying up most of my pt apps right now. I have yet to take the GRE.
26 y/o
3.66 prereq
3.65 undergrad - exercise science
3 letters of req (Pts)
800 outpatient ortho/ sport
40 inpatient cardio pulmonary/ neuro
Extras:
aided in 1 research study / Aided in media production for The student physical therapist site / 3 years outpatient pt tech experience / Personal trainer /13 years Brazilian Jiujitsu (different I hope)

Im just like most of you guys, Unsure if I can compete with many 4.0 undergrads. Any insight? Also im horrible at standardized test. I have studied for the GRE but dont want to bank on getting a high score. Any school recommendations? or any recommendations in general?
 
So I am trying up most of my pt apps right now. I have yet to take the GRE.
26 y/o
3.66 prereq
3.65 undergrad - exercise science
3 letters of req (Pts)
800 outpatient ortho/ sport
40 inpatient cardio pulmonary/ neuro
Extras:
aided in 1 research study / Aided in media production for The student physical therapist site / 3 years outpatient pt tech experience / Personal trainer /13 years Brazilian Jiujitsu (different I hope)

Im just like most of you guys, Unsure if I can compete with many 4.0 undergrads. Any insight? Also im horrible at standardized test. I have studied for the GRE but dont want to bank on getting a high score. Any school recommendations? or any recommendations in general?
 
Last edited:
You're going to want to get LORs from some people other than PTs. Many programs require one from a professor or an employer.
 
Your best bet is to get:

1-2 from PT's
1 from science professor
1 from someone who can speak on your character
0-1 from supervisor

That should cover all of your bases for just about every school.