old Admissions questions! lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mynameismanny

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am trying up most of my pt apps right now. I have yet to take the GRE.
26 y/o
3.66 prereq
3.65 undergrad - exercise science
3 letters of req (Pts)
800 outpatient ortho/ sport
40 inpatient cardio pulmonary/ neuro
Extras:
aided in 1 research study / Aided in media production for The student physical therapist site / 3 years outpatient pt tech experience / Personal trainer /13 years Brazilian Jiujitsu (different I hope)

Im just like most of you guys, Unsure if I can compete with many 4.0 undergrads. Any insight? Also im horrible at standardized test. I have studied for the GRE but dont want to bank on getting a high score. Any school recommendations? or any recommendations in general?

Members don't see this ad.

So I am trying up most of my pt apps right now. I have yet to take the GRE.
26 y/o
3.66 prereq
3.65 undergrad - exercise science
3 letters of req (Pts)
800 outpatient ortho/ sport
40 inpatient cardio pulmonary/ neuro
Extras:
aided in 1 research study / Aided in media production for The student physical therapist site / 3 years outpatient pt tech experience / Personal trainer /13 years Brazilian Jiujitsu (different I hope)

Im just like most of you guys, Unsure if I can compete with many 4.0 undergrads. Any insight? Also im horrible at standardized test. I have studied for the GRE but dont want to bank on getting a high score. Any school recommendations? or any recommendations in general?

Last edited:
You're going to want to get LORs from some people other than PTs. Many programs require one from a professor or an employer.

Your best bet is to get:

1-2 from PT's
1 from science professor
1 from someone who can speak on your character
0-1 from supervisor

That should cover all of your bases for just about every school.