Old Exam Policies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FootDoc2B

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find out all of the policies from every podiatry school on what they do about "old exams."

I know that my school gives us a bank of tests in the library and we can freely use them as practice tests before actual exams.

I'm just curious what the policies are across the board, because I understand some schools don't do that.

Does anyone know if there is a national policy on this set forth by the APMSA?

Thanks guys,
Joe K.

Members don't see this ad.

Every school has an honor code, so it all depends on that code's language (and, more importantly, whether or not it's actually enforced by program admins). I seriously doubt the APMSA (or AAMC, etc) has developed a policy specific to this issue; they accredit the schools but do not hold their hand 24/7.

Some of my school's profs have old exams on library reserve for student self assesment also, and other profs hand back the exams to let students review them (those exams are obviously passed on to the next year's students, but the teachers know that and construct exams accordingly). You will find other threads on this issue if you search.

Maybe the best advice is just that there are no "old tests" for the board exams.