Old Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

This message is for the three of you that are going to be first years at UHCO!! :D

RUN .. RUN NOW!!! (just kidding) :wink:

As you might have heard, when you get to UHCO you will be assigned a second year student "mentor". One of you might even get me. :p They haven't asked us who wants to be on the orientation comittee yet, but it sounds like something I would like to do. Well, to get to my point.. usually your second year mentor will give you a giant binder of old exams from professors you will have the first year. You'll add your exams and pass them down to your first year after you're done. I have FOUR gigantic binders of tests. (for the classes that let us keep them) Just wanted you guys to know about the little underground (but not very secret) things that go on here at UHCO. It's VERY nice to have. If your mentor doesn't give you a binder.. find my mentor.. I'll tell 'em to hook you up!! :D

Do any of the other schools have this same tradition?? you guys at OSU and PCO do this too? I know a lot of my med school friends have old tests from students gone by.

Members don't see this ad.

OSU doesn't really have a tradition of passing down old exams. The only old exams that I looked at were the ones included in the course packets that the professors made (mainly optics old exams). I think that the optometry fraternity may have some old exams, but that's it- I guess someone in the past recorded some lectures in which the exam results were reviewed- we were scolded that it was unethical and the anatomy & physiology professors made a new policy of not going over exams in class anymore (had to go to office hrs to go over a test). So basically, the only old exams I had to look at were a few optics old exams included in the course packet (at least thru the 1st 2 qtrs). The main thing that big sibs (mentors) passed down to 1st yrs were comprehensive anatomy notes from previous yrs (I personally didn't use them- just used my own notes).

Tim

OPT I

OSU College of Optometry

The profs definitely know we do it.. some even encourage us to study from old exams. Which of course, is why the tests seem to get progressively harder from year to year. Our optics prof even admitted to it!! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am anxious to begin optometry school. I'm finishing up on my final prereq, Anat II and Lab.
Thanks for the input cpw. Do you recommend anything to review before i enter the school? I still haven't gone to houston, it is getting closer and i still don't have a place to rent?

I wouldn't prepare for anything or study over the summer. It's one of the only summers you're going to get off for the next four years of your life! RELAX!! ENJOY THE FREE TIME!!!! (while you still have it!) :wink:

Thanks, cpw, for letting us now about old tests being available. That sounds really helpful. I'm getting really excited for this fall!!!