OMFS Program Insight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndifferentOsteoblast

Reaction score
Now that I have successfully completed the CBSE, I am starting to look into externships. Right now, I am mostly interested in 6 year programs for personal reasons. However, I am by no means disinterested in 4 year programs. I don't know what the future holds, but I would like to have a strong understanding of the private practice basics, as that's the route most end up going. So really, I'm looking for "broad scope" programs that provide a strong foundation to enter private practice.

I can google any program out there, but I was wondering if any dental students, residents, or faculty could provide any personal dialogue regarding any programs they have visited or are affiliated with. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Now that I have successfully completed the CBSE, I am starting to look into externships. Right now, I am mostly interested in 6 year programs for personal reasons. However, I am by no means disinterested in 4 year programs. I don't know what the future holds, but I would like to have a strong understanding of the private practice basics, as that's the route most end up going. So really, I'm looking for "broad scope" programs that provide a strong foundation to enter private practice.

I can google any program out there, but I was wondering if any dental students, residents, or faculty could provide any personal dialogue regarding any programs they have visited or are affiliated with. Thanks!
Go to my profile and check out my match results post, I put some good programs there.

Obviously Case is the best program in the country 😛 But there are a bunch that have really good reputations - Kentucky, Louisville, UAB, LSU, Rutgers, San Antonio, UMichigan, Baylor - the list goes on and on, those are just some examples. Best advice is to speak to current residents or people who applied recently and have a discussion with them about what you’re looking for, and they can probably give you an idea of which programs would fit you best!

Once you have a hand full of ones that seem to match what you’re looking for, go extern.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users