OMG, I failed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CBG23

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...my geography test! Now I have to repeat my geography class before my school will let me move onto 2nd year!:scared:

So, I created a thread like this a couple of years ago in the pre-allo forum. Has anyone ever had any irrational, stress induced dreams like this? I have had this dream a couple of times when classes got really tough the past year. I have no idea why my brain chose geography (considering I don't think I have taken a geography class since elementary school). I've had the same dream but with a foreign language class instead of geography too...

Members don't see this ad.

i have this recurrent dream of having a final in some class i didn't even realize i had this quarter/semester, usually happens around finals.

i regret to tell you that I continue to have this dream decades after finishing school. Sometimes i can actually do some math problems I haven't seen in years, or sometimes I have to speak French or German. More common is the exam in a class I never took, like econ. I wonder if I will still have these anxieties on my deathbed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a recurrent dream where I show up to some advanced math course that I never took (it's always math). It's laid out like my calculus classroom, but the professor and all the students are different. It's the last day, everyone's about to take the final, and I need the class to graduate. But, I've never attended a single day of class. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know I was registered for the class. But for some reason I showed up today, and now have to take the final. I've never read a single page of the textbook, done a single homework assignment, or even seen any of these problems before. I'm sweating bullets as I realize how screwed I am. The professor hands me a copy of the test, wishes me good luck, and I turn over the first page...

...and then I wake up.

I swear, I have this dream at least once every few months. I wake up in a sweat with my heart racing. I hate this dream. I'm probably going to have it tonight. Thanks for nothing.

I have a recurrent dream where I show up to some advanced math course that I never took (it's always math). It's laid out like my calculus classroom, but the professor and all the students are different. It's the last day, everyone's about to take the final, and I need the class to graduate. But, I've never attended a single day of class. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know I was registered for the class. But for some reason I showed up today, and now have to take the final. I've never read a single page of the textbook, done a single homework assignment, or even seen any of these problems before. I'm sweating bullets as I realize how screwed I am. The professor hands me a copy of the test, wishes me good luck, and I turn over the first page...

...and then I wake up.

I swear, I have this dream at least once every few months. I wake up in a sweat with my heart racing. I hate this dream. I'm probably going to have it tonight. Thanks for nothing.

hahaha, I have almost the exact same dream, except mine is chemistry (I hate chemistry...); it's not happened in a few months now, but suddenly it just pops up. Man, we are a sad, pathetic bunch, with dreams like that.

you guys are nerds. dreaming about school, wtf!?

I have these creepy dreams sometimes about a certain medical school I interviewed at. It was an intense interview day that didn't go so well, and I think I'm now psychologically scarred. I would say I used to have them, but weirdly I just had another one last night for the first time in a while.

So the next time someone asks me what's the worst thing that can happen on an interview, I can now say "serious mental trauma" with a straight face.

I occasionally have these dreams where I realize that I forgot about a class I took signed up for, and didn't show up for any tests. I usually spend the rest of the dream trying to find my transcript so I can see if I have an "F" on there.

you guys are nerds. dreaming about school, wtf!?

I never had a single school-related dream until I started medical school. It will happen to you too... it's inevitable when your life becomes consumed by it.

I still have those but I also have teacher-dreams. Ones where I was supposed to teach a class but forgot about it all semester, or I don't have enough copies of the final exam... So I have both student dreams and teacher dreams.

Sociology and English for me. I don't know why...Two of the easiest classes that I've ever taken.

Replace Math with English, and I too have this dream. Although when I was in my underclassmen days, it was about graduating HS instead of college.
Ditto that. My recurring dream over the course of several years was about not passing a high school class (I believe it was a required World Cultures class that in my dream I put off until the end of senior year), and thereby risking not graduating. The dream did not start until AFTER I graduated undergrad. Completely unrealistic, but I've woken up from it more than once a wee bit tachycardic.

Interestingly, I can't recall having it since before starting med school. Hmm.

I occasionally have these dreams where I realize that I forgot about a class I took signed up for, and didn't show up for any tests. I usually spend the rest of the dream trying to find my transcript so I can see if I have an "F" on there.

Similar dreams here. I don't think it progresses to the point where I'm searching through transcript. It is usually HS Biology class or some lab. I'm looking at my course schedule one day and I see a course I'm registered for that I didn't know about . I got WTF :wow:

...and then I wake up.

I have that EXACT dream all the time. I hate it!

Not to stray too far, but my periodic panic attack / night terror type dreams usually consist of forgetting to pay bills. I will wake from a dead sleep terrified that I forgot to send the rent... for several months, or that I have never made a car payment and I should have been paying for several months now, or that my credit card bill is a few weeks overdue. Half the time my anxiety lasts about 5-10 minutes and then I fall back asleep, and the other half of the time I need to turn on the computer and check my records to be sure I did pay it.

Had a nightmare while studying for Step I where I forgot to press "submit" and realized 3 weeks later that my exam had not been counted.

Woke up in a cold sweat...

I have the same freaking dream! I am always at the end of the class and I'm trying to do damage control by seeing if I can get the class retroactively dropped. Now it's for med school, but otherwise they're the same dreams.

Had a nightmare while studying for Step I where I forgot to press "submit" and realized 3 weeks later that my exam had not been counted.

Woke up in a cold sweat...

I had the same dream about the MCAT.

I'm not to Step 1 just yet.