OMG I got in without an Interview!... LoL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OMG this is the best day of my life... I got into Georgetown even after I withdrew pre-secondary. They must really love me or something. Seriously, they gotta work on their professionalism a bit.

Members don't see this ad.

jjmack said:
is this for real?

They sent an acceptance email by accident to all the applicants or something...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep! I didn't interview, but I got the accepted applicant email too. Gee, thanks Georgetown . . . but no thanks.

this is hysterical. I wonder how many kids wet themselves in vain at the email.

Dr.MD said:
They sent an acceptance email by accident to all the applicants or something...

Lol! I should have applied...darn! :)

it's not really an acceptance email, it's just an email letting everyone knwo that there's new information on their website for those who ARE accepted. and there's a whole thread about this somewhere else

Yeah, I just got one of these too, even though I was rejected months ago:

Greetings:

Information for Accepted Applicants has been made available on the Georgetown University School of Medicine Admissions web page, http://som.georgetown.edu/admissions/ (right column). Please watch for additional links (information on NetID and passwords, orientation schedule, class schedule, etc.) to be added as we proceed toward Registration/Orientation on Tuesday, August 8th.

Best wishes.

Office of Admissions
Georgetown University School of Medicine

I was confused, so emailed them back about it. Here's their response to my inquiry:

Dear Mr. RxnMan:

Please accept our apologies for the message you received in error.
Unfortunately, a program error has sent this informational message to
nearly every one who applied to the School of Medicine this year. Best
wishes.

Office of Admissions
Georgetown University School of Medicine

Thanks for turning the knife!

Dr.MD said:
OMG this is the best day of my life... I got into Georgetown even after I withdrew pre-secondary. They must really love me or something. Seriously, they gotta work on their professionalism a bit.

You are my hero

HEY I GOT IN TOO...WE ROCK LMAO!!! :laugh: