OMT and allopathic residencies

Started by rhillstr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rhillstr

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know about the status of using OMT in allopathic residency? Do they discourage/forbid it? I have been hearing that there are not enough AOA residencies for DO grads. What is the AOA doing about it?
 
I worked at an ACGME residency (allopathic) that had DOs doing their residency there. Not only was OMT not discouraged but there was a separate room set up with a really nice OMT table etc. that was used by all of the DOs.

------------------
Carrie
KCOM '03
 
smile.gif

great
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hskermdic,
That residency sounded great. Do you think that was typical of most ACGME institutions or the exception? What part of the country was it in?
 
Sorry to say but I don't know anything about other residencies. I only know of the experience I had. The residency was in Topeka, KS.

------------------
Carrie
KCOM '03