OMT - Scribe Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EZEK

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to get OMM lecture scribe notes for a research project on what is taught at other schools. Does anyone have them available?

Members don't see this ad.

what? This is how you plan on surveying your subjects? Uhhh, you may want a more reliable way to get info, other than using a bulletin board over the internet and getting notepool.

I'm looking for the student's perception of what they think the professor said was important. So the best way I can do that it look at the notes they took.

Members don't see this ad :)
At the particular school that I go to, EVERYTHING is typed verbatim.
What is this gonna prove and what is your null hypothesis?

Even if it is typed verbatim, students have a tendency to editorialize or add comments such as he said this was going to be on the exam. Right now I'm trying to get a feel for what the students perceive as being important. Also, it will tell me what the areas the professors are teaching as well.

EZEK,

If you provide your e-mail address, I can give you some lecture notes from CCOM.

Sorry if you think I am gunning you down, I am just wondering if you really want to read all the notes from every school as per note pool. And if you do, as a reviewer I think I might raise the red flag. I mean, how do you base a paper on what students notes?? I guess you could write an editorial or something, but even then it is hearsay. Not really solid research do you think? Once again...what are you trying to disprove...what is your Null hypothesis? This is college term paper stuff.

It is simply a comparision of what is taught from the student's perspective. This is not for a formal paper for publication, nor for a grade.

Ok, I thought it was a formal paper.
Sorry.
If anyone sees a capt. freedom post, it is false. Captain freedom is the true spelling of the original poster. Thanks.

I don't know the reason, but my freedom blaster isn't working right... and my teeth itch too! And, I see bugs in my burger, and roaches in my coffee...

What is this??!?

Freedom! :-(