OMT table

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drchris33

MSIV
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how much, approximately, OMT tables cost? Where do you buy them? I am going to UHS in the fall, and was just curious.

Also, where do you buy your op/otoscopes; are they available at the bookstore, or should you search the net?

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

drchris33,

In regards to diagnostic equipment, most schools usually have reps. visit with student discounts. The discounts are usually pretty good (I have an uncle who works as a purchaser for Maine Medical Center and I was going to get the equipment through him, but after comparing the prices - he told me that we were getting a deal through the reps ... so I went with them). Ask around at your school, usually one of the clubs (Family Practice, etc.) hosts the sale.

As for the OMM Table ... try ebay?

-Frosty

Frosty--
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.

Chris

Members don't see this ad :)
Here at DMU our UAAO did a mass order and we got it really cheap.... You can also directly order from the company and ask for a discount as you are a medical student.

If I remember correctly I paid approx $300 for a table w/head rest, T-shirt, and bag.... I'm not sure about the specifics but I highly suggest asking the school's UAAO about mass ordering it for the class.

I agree with Popoy,

I go to Western/COMP and the price is about ~$300 as well....My roomate is in the military and so his was paid for...so I get to have one to use...
Aside from OMM...they are great to lay down and watch TV...thinking of all the tired mornings in OMM..laying on those tables wishing I could just go to sleep.....NOW I CAN
Another thought is that UAAO members here can "rent" tables the weeekend before our midterm and finals to practice...I believe for members is $2 a day...Check with your UAAO as well....

As far as OMT tables-do not get one of those "massage" tables-definetely get a height adjustable, light table such as a stronglight--above all-wait till you get to campus to see what you need and what you don't (you may find someone to share a table/med kit with.

-t-bone