OMT table

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by drchris33, Feb 9, 2002.

1. drchris33

drchris33 MSIV
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was wondering how much, approximately, OMT tables cost? Where do you buy them? I am going to UHS in the fall, and was just curious.

Also, where do you buy your op/otoscopes; are they available at the bookstore, or should you search the net?

Chris

2. Frosty

Frosty Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

drchris33,

In regards to diagnostic equipment, most schools usually have reps. visit with student discounts. The discounts are usually pretty good (I have an uncle who works as a purchaser for Maine Medical Center and I was going to get the equipment through him, but after comparing the prices - he told me that we were getting a deal through the reps ... so I went with them). Ask around at your school, usually one of the clubs (Family Practice, etc.) hosts the sale.

As for the OMM Table ... try ebay?

-Frosty

3. drchris33

drchris33 MSIV
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Frosty--
    Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.

Chris

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Here at DMU our UAAO did a mass order and we got it really cheap.... You can also directly order from the company and ask for a discount as you are a medical student.

If I remember correctly I paid approx $300 for a table w/head rest, T-shirt, and bag.... I'm not sure about the specifics but I highly suggest asking the school's UAAO about mass ordering it for the class.

5. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I agree with Popoy,

I go to Western/COMP and the price is about ~$300 as well....My roomate is in the military and so his was paid for...so I get to have one to use...
    Aside from OMM...they are great to lay down and watch TV...thinking of all the tired mornings in OMM..laying on those tables wishing I could just go to sleep.....NOW I CAN
    Another thought is that UAAO members here can "rent" tables the weeekend before our midterm and finals to practice...I believe for members is $2 a day...Check with your UAAO as well....

6. macman

macman Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As far as OMT tables-do not get one of those "massage" tables-definetely get a height adjustable, light table such as a stronglight--above all-wait till you get to campus to see what you need and what you don't (you may find someone to share a table/med kit with.

-t-bone