OMT use by DOs unquantifiable according to article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Minus the autism line ... it's a pretty decent article IMO. It's kind of interesting to see that the SDN catchphrase is "5% of DOs use OMM," but the article claims a much larger portion of DOs use it, but only on "5%" of patients.

I don't know if you're joking, but the lymphatic pumps and modifications are used.

Wasn't joking at all actually..I really can't believe OMM treats asthma and pneomo...that's freakin amazing...

Anybody know how long it may be b4 a patient may have to come back for more treatment?

And how long does a treatment take on average anyway?

I don't know how long before another visit, but the pneumonia treatments (Miller Thoracic pump) are to help circulate lymph which brings in more WBCs. It doesn't treat the pneumonia specifically. However, doing the atelectasis modification can help reinflate collapsed alveoli. Treatment time? Eh, 2-3 mins.

I misread before and didn't realize you had asthma in there. I'd use a pharmaceutical for that ;).

Wasn't joking at all actually..I really can't believe OMM treats asthma and pneomo...that's freakin amazing...

Anybody know how long it may be b4 a patient may have to come back for more treatment?

And how long does a treatment take on average anyway?

You should defintely try to get your hands on Dr. Fulford's book "A Touch of Life." It goes into some basic understanding of OMM. A true Osteopathic physician uses his hands in both diagnosis and treatment. The range of conditions OMM can treat are most definitely not limited to musculoskeletal injuries/problems. Unfortunately, while the art of OMM is touched upon in school, few D.O.s go on to master it. It is my hope that this will change in the future.
But for real, go pick up that book. It's an easy read. I also know that a book was written after Dr. Fulford's death. He is an interesting person and is well-known amongst old school Osteopaths and hard-core proponents of OMM. Dr. Sutherland is also worth a look as well. And of course, A.T. Still's book tops the list but it is hardcore and should remain a companion throughout the years.
Okay, enough of my blibber babber.
Peace
ATM

You should defintely try to get your hands on Dr. Fulford's book "A Touch of Life." It goes into some basic understanding of OMM. A true Osteopathic physician uses his hands in both diagnosis and treatment. The range of conditions OMM can treat are most definitely not limited to musculoskeletal injuries/problems. Unfortunately, while the art of OMM is touched upon in school, few D.O.s go on to master it. It is my hope that this will change in the future.
But for real, go pick up that book. It's an easy read. I also know that a book was written after Dr. Fulford's death. He is an interesting person and is well-known amongst old school Osteopaths and hard-core proponents of OMM. Dr. Sutherland is also worth a look as well. And of course, A.T. Still's book tops the list but it is hardcore and should remain a companion throughout the years.
Okay, enough of my blibber babber.
Peace
ATM

Wasn't Fulford very philosophical and even known to use crystals and stuff??? I do know that he was considered so 'good at cranial' that he couldn't retire forever or something because everyone wanted his services.