On Many Waitlists - What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RIPHarambe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been on 6 interviews and still no acceptances, only under consideration and Waitlists.

Can someone provide some knowledge on their experience with waitlists? Also, after April 30th adcoms can see when someone they've interviewed has/hasn't been accepted right? How could this possibly affect my chances?

Thank you so much in advance, I'm just really nervous and stressed out right now.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I remember seeing you in the Stanford thread and another top UC school. The fact that you got on those waiktisirs means that on paper you are an outstanding candidate and some schools have a lot of waitlist movement. Hopefully worst case you can get off the waitlist at one of the lower tier schools. Either way keep your head up, you got this! Best of luck :)

Reactions: 2 users
This is impossible to determine because one doesn't know where you were ranked, nor the needs of the schools to fill their Class.
You're just going to need to be patient. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worse, and always have a Plan B.

Been on 6 interviews and still no acceptances, only under consideration and Waitlists.

Can someone provide some knowledge on their experience with waitlists? Also, after April 30th adcoms can see when someone they've interviewed has/hasn't been accepted right? How could this possibly affect my chances?

Thank you so much in advance, I'm just really nervous and stressed out right now.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I remember seeing you in the Stanford thread and another top UC school. The fact that you got on those waiktisirs means that on paper you are an outstanding candidate and some schools have a lot of waitlist movement. Hopefully worst case you can get off the waitlist at one of the lower tier schools. Either way keep your head up, you got this! Best of luck :)

Thank you - I have my fingers crossed that the schools that typically have waitlist movement will move in my favor.

This is impossible to determine because one doesn't know where you were ranked, nor the needs of the schools to fill their Class.
You're just going to need to be patient. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worse, and always have a Plan B.

You're absolutely right. Thank you for the response, Goro.

I was 4/4 for waitlists last year, ended up getting accepted off two of them. I think it's promising to have that many IIs and no post-II rejections (yet). Obviously nothing is guaranteed, and it's time for a backup plan, but otherwise your cycle is far from over!

Reactions: 3 users
Is there a catchy saying for waitlists? Like waitlists four, an acceptance you'll score.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm banking on a lot of waitlists too
7 interviews, no acceptances, 1 rejection, the rest under consideration/waitlist
I'm getting worried

Reactions: 1 users
I'm banking on a lot of waitlists too
7 interviews, no acceptances, 1 rejection, the rest under consideration/waitlist
I'm getting worried

At least we know we're not alone. :/

Reactions: 1 user
I'm at 4 interviews with 1 rejection and silence from the other 3. Granted, one of those interviews was last week, so there hasn't been a chance for the school to reach out to me yet. The fact that it was such a late interview doesn't give me much hope, though. :( I didn't attend what would have been a fifth interview because it was during the holiday season, and I couldn't afford the $700 to fly there. Almost wishing I would have driven the 14 hours to get there and slept in my car on the way now.

I'm in the same boat, OP. Interviewed at Buffalo, Downstate and Rochester and waitlisted at all three. Have an interview at Einstein in two weeks and hoping I can finally convert one into an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
Glad to know I'm not alone. On two waitlists right now and waiting to hear back from another school. If that doesn't work out, it's just going to be a long wait until May