On Site at Mayo anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owenmichael

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for anyone that has been to Mayo for an on site yet? Any feedback or information on what to expect in terms of interviews and the day would be really helpful. From what I hear, almost everyone that has had an onsite can't read whether it went well or not. Thanks for helP!

Members don't see this ad.

owenmichael said:
Question for anyone that has been to Mayo for an on site yet? Any feedback or information on what to expect in terms of interviews and the day would be really helpful. From what I hear, almost everyone that has had an onsite can't read whether it went well or not. Thanks for helP!

I think mine went well and out of all the interviews I've had I truly felt that my faculty interviewer got the best picture of who I really am. During the day you have a lot of down time and since I'm from Rochester originally I really didn't see anything I haven't seen before. Although I did go to the new sim center and performed a microscopic cholecystectomy. There are only a couple other interviewers with you and the people in the office are really nice. You will have two interviews, one with a faculty and another with a med student, both of which are on the admissions committee. It is a fairly relaxed, but long day. Good luck!

my experience pretty much echoes what was said above - when your interviews are scheduled pretty much dictates how much time you get to check out the premises (which are huge!) You'll interview with two members of the AdCom - which can be any combo of people. Mine was with a retired radiologist and a biochemist (PhD), so not everybody gets a student. The day seemed pretty relaxed, the people are all super friendly, and I enjoyed hanging out with the other interviewees as well. Although I probably won't go there (and probably have an even less chance of gettng in!) it was a fun day overall and I'm glad I had the experience of visiting.