On summer break what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtlam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on the boards after lurking for a few months.

However straight to the point, I am a P1 moving onwards to P2 in the fall. Currently on summer break and employed with CVS at the moment. Any ideas on what else I should be doing on break besides work?

Members don't see this ad.

The mind boggles at the possibilities. Make new friends? Get a bf/bf? Travel? Play video games? New hobby?

Did you have something in mind?

Hi all, this is my first post on the boards after lurking for a few months.

However straight to the point, I am a P1 moving onwards to P2 in the fall. Currently on summer break and employed with CVS at the moment. Any ideas on what else I should be doing on break besides work?

The mind boggles at the possibilities. Make new friends? Get a bf/bf? Travel? Play video games? New hobby?

Did you have something in mind?

Haha I have a few video games I'll be playing but I feel like I need to be involved or at least do something I can put on a CV or resume in the future. Other than that I've been trying to get work in a hospital which is a no go at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to make a new thread about this, but might as well put it in here.

I currently work as CVS as a full time tech. My pharmacy school starts near the end of August, but I want to take off the last 3 or 4 weeks of summer to enjoy myself before pharmacy school. Now, this is my first real job and I have been working for 3 months so far. I want to be on good terms with the pharmacy for future employment and internship opportunities. My pharmacy manager did mention that he would want me working as an intern maybe once a week during my school. How do I tell him that I want to stop working full time 3 or 4 weeks before my school starts?

How do I tell him that I want to stop working full time 3 or 4 weeks before my school starts?

Politely, in writting.

It helps if you are going to move, tell him you want some time for yourself, plus you need time to find a new place, move, etc. Same thing if you are going to travel - can't work if you are not in town. ;)

Party a lot? :hardy:

As for CV building, is there a free clinic in your town? The one in my region always needs volunteers. Even if they don't have a pharmacy, there are other things you could do. Hospitals need them too, and might even assign you to the pharmacy and you could see how things operate in that department.