On the computerized MCAT are you given hard copies of passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corgalicious

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the current MCAT exam are you given hard copies of passages to mark up? I'm an art history major and I can hardly read anything analytically without marking it up as I go along..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Corgalicious! No, you will have to get used to not marking up the passages (or anything else on your exam for that matter). There is a highlighting function that you can use if you like. Other than that, you just get some pencils and blank scratch paper.

On the current MCAT exam are you given hard copies of passages to mark up? I'm an art history major and I can hardly read anything analytically without marking it up as I go along..

Hi, Corgalicious! No, you will have to get used to not marking up the passages (or anything else on your exam for that matter). There is a highlighting function that you can use if you like. Other than that, you just get some pencils and blank scratch paper.

Or some ***tty dry sharpie markers and a makeshift plastic "whiteboard" (cough*montreal testing center*cough).

Well the computer screen is hard. So technically it is a hard copy.

*sarcasm*

Members don't see this ad :)
You only get scratch paper and a pencil. The highlighting function is cool but what I really hated about the highlight function is that once you leave a passage, all of your highlights disappear.

Yes they do give you a hard copy. They also give you a typewriter and a feather with some ink so that you can keep track of your thoughts in real time.