Once in a lifetime bespoke opportunity opening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted pending posting to Path outlines.

stay tuned, that was the exclusive SDN teaser!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
LA, the only problem is that nobody who had the required funds would want to move to cali. i guess if your already there it may be attractive. But, if you’ve got a loose 6 or 7 M around, why would you want to leave an obviously successful set up for a practice with a bunch of cars and houses? There is NO part of cali that is coveted anymore.
I mean, FL is nuts but we can all pack heat.

Reactions: 1 user
I find this interesting and pretty much just want to watch replies. Is it common to sell personal cars and houses with a practice?

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest you add a bit more detail about the actual practice, specifically the breakdown of contracted hospital work vs outreach.

After stumbling into his facebook, I would have to pass :giggle:

LA, is this the view outside your grossing suite?
92A23067-6CFF-4DA8-A12A-419319AF1AF3.jpeg

No, the view looks more like thousands of wildfires ravaging the parched wasteland that California has become.

There is unfortunately no pathologist on planet earth--at least none with the knowledge to run this kind of practice and the means to purchase it--who would seriously consider forking over $6.5M cash.

I am following this with interest. We may be witnessing a flameout of historic proportions.

Last edited:
LA, the only problem is that nobody who had the required funds would want to move to cali. i guess if your already there it may be attractive. But, if you’ve got a loose 6 or 7 M around, why would you want to leave an obviously successful set up for a practice with a bunch of cars and houses? There is NO part of cali that is coveted anymore.
I mean, FL is nuts but we can all pack heat.

Okay, yes Cali has problems. But the humidity in Florida is bad, let's be honest. AND the best part, Cali is thinning out now! Decreased traffic, riots and social justice warriors clearing out parks and shopping for you to enjoy serene peacefulness one day.

Im thinking of leaving for one reason: I like building something up alot more than I like just piloting something day after day. I do want move but that is only because I want to experience something different mid career. And Im still likely to stay in Cali tbh, I hang out with the same guys playing Dungeons and Dragons as I did when I was 10 years old every month here.

Edit: you are wrong tho, there are like 3 (maybe 4 if you count Coronado Island) truly coveted places remaining in Cali. These places the well heeled citizens have no problems hiring Blackwater types to protect what they have built from the ravaging forces of Chaos.

Also wrong about heat packing, select few in Cali very much pack heat and my heat will take the Pepsi challenge with the heat from Texas and Florida any day of the week.

Last edited:
There is unfortunately no pathologist on planet earth--at least none with the knowledge to run this kind of practice--who would seriously consider forking over $6.5M cash for it.

I am following this with interest. We may be witnessing a flameout of historic proportions.

hahaha. Dude its over 2.5 in property alone. The practice is discounted. I could sell it to Quest/Lab Corp in a heartbeat for more and just sell the homes myself or keep them as rentals.

No chance of flame out tho..I will just hire some contract folks to give me time to do other stuff with the biotech start ups that have called me.

Edit: I definitely dont want to sell this to a commercial lab. This is practice is one of the last crown jewels of the entire tarnished golden state and to see it absorbed into the collective of Quest would break my heart I think.

I need to find a young pathologist one day who can pull the sword from the stone.

Last edited:
I suggest you add a bit more detail about the actual practice, specifically the breakdown of contracted hospital work vs outreach.

There is NO capitation, NO managed care and less than 5% Medicaid.

Last edited:
hahaha. Dude its over 2.5 in property alone. The practice is discounted. I could sell it to Quest/Lab Corp in a heartbeat for more and just sell the homes myself or keep them as rentals.

No chance of flame out tho..I will just hire some contract folks to give me time to do other stuff with the biotech start ups that have called me.

Am I wrong in supposing that either a) you found a time machine and built this practice in the 1980s, or b) that this practice has succeeded mainly based on your own personal qualities, relationships, and personally busting your ass, plus a fair amount of luck on the business side? What are the prospects for this golden goose, sans LADoc00?

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I wrong in supposing that either a) you found a time machine and built this practice in the 1980s, or b) that this practice has succeeded mainly based on your own personal qualities, relationships, and personally busting your ass, plus a fair amount of luck on the business side? What are the prospects for this golden goose, sans LADoc00?

No idea. But that is a very good question I constantly ask myself. Of course Im not in this for the money as I said I can sit back and work part time and put it on cruise control, so if I felt the buyer couldnt be "me" in that sense I wouldnt sell it because I dont want to see someone fail.

In sense Im trying to spread the lifestyle, Ive done it now and trying to give others a chance to experience the golden era of pathology.

Question: does it come with your armory and bunker? Fully stocked MREs? tactical assault training? Asking for a friend.

hahaha yah comes with fully equipped. I can throw in 3 ARs with red dots, MREs for a month, ammo and mags and ultralight Hoplite body armor. In terms of tac training, yeah got that. One of the current renters on the compound is a real animal. More than willing to share training for a price. One of the other renters I have in different fall back compound near the river was a legendary tank driver on Route Irish in Iraq so he is available as well. :laugh:

Hoplite armor is the best armor:

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathoutlines will get you a bunch of calls from desperate junior pathologists, not sure that's the right audience.

I can't believe you deleted the post. This was among the most interesting things to appear on SDN in months.

That was a teaser! And it was for SDN pathology, I dont want a ton of redirects to other sites, subforums etc.

Pathoutlines will get you a bunch of calls from desperate junior pathologists, not sure that's the right audience.

Well Im looking for a 1/2 time lifestyle person in the immediate future, sale is much longer term given the dollar amounts involved. Perhaps that person will be the one who pulls the sword from the stone.

Point is there ARE rare elite opportunities still out there. Yah they are rare. If they were everywhere, we wouldnt be sitting around on the forum complaining (a time honored SDN tradition).

That is the exact OPPOSITE of an answer to my question.

okay explain better to me what you want to know and I can answer your ?.

Outreach isnt a good bar of anything now. Most large hospital systems have purchased all the GI and Heme groups (and now many Uro groups) so all your good case volumes perhaps aside from Derm are entrapped in hospital contracts with their affiliate medical groups, which IMO is even better for us.

Why would I want to lean into OP cases? So Bostwick, Quest, some dirty competing group out of town can slowly predate on the offices??

Like OP vs. hospital site? I have business from over a 150 clinics and outpatient sites in a physical area that is larger than some states. Multiple rural "super deluxe" hospital contracts (*per GB eliteness hierarchy)

But OP is a literally a daily grind of customer service because they know they can call other labs to send their volume to. I would almost pass, aside from an important exceptions.

Not sure what granularity you are looking for or even why it is important to you.

Maybe you are confused: I do zero TC work. TC is garbage, total garbage. This was BEFORE the massive cuts coming. This is due to to my geographic location. Path assistants want like $120,000 and histotechs want like $100,000+ per year starting. Makes the entire TC proposal completely undoable once you factor in the costs of environmental compliance here in CA and the issues you can get into with employees, limitations on pension plans etc.

I did a deep dive once with some Fintech folks after the TC crash that came about from all the pod labs and the economy of scale needed is insane, like 20000 accessions minimum per year where I am located.

I would have a FRACTION of my current net worth if I had done full TC, but again Im sure it can be done well in other places, just not here.

Last edited:

Outreach isnt a good bar of anything now. Most large hospital systems have purchased all the GI and Heme groups (and now many Uro groups) so all your good case volumes perhaps aside from Derm are entrapped in hospital contracts with their affiliate medical groups, which IMO is even better for us.

Why would I want to lean into OP cases? So Bostwick, Quest, some dirty competing group out of town can slowly predate on the offices??

Like OP vs. hospital site? I have business from over a 150 clinics and outpatient sites in a physical area that is larger than some states. Multiple rural "super deluxe" hospital contracts (*per GB eliteness hierarchy)

But OP is a literally a daily grind of customer service because they know they can call other labs to send their volume to. I would almost pass, aside from an important exceptions.

Not sure what granularity you are looking for or even why it is important to you.

Maybe you are confused: I do zero TC work. TC is garbage, total garbage. This was BEFORE the massive cuts coming. This is due to to my geographic location. Path assistants want like $120,000 and histotechs want like $100,000+ per year starting. Makes the entire TC proposal completely undoable once you factor in the costs of environmental compliance here in CA and the issues you can get into with employees, limitations on pension plans etc.

I did a deep dive once with some Fintech folks after the TC crash that came about from all the pod labs and the economy of scale needed is insane, like 20000 accessions minimum per year where I am located.

I would have a FRACTION of my current net worth if I had done full TC, but again Im sure it can be done well in other places, just not here.
Fun thread, wish I read it before the first post was edited. Is there much cyto business involved?

So most of your work comes from hospitals? Do you have a rural exemption (otherwise known as gold)

So most of your work comes from hospitals? Do you have a rural exemption (otherwise known as gold)

yes and yes and by "rural exception" you mean rural critical access hospital status right? yes. Its not really exemption per se, its a different class of billing to government payors.

next question.

Fun thread, wish I read it before the first post was edited. Is there much cyto business involved?

No, due to the JC and CMS wrongful interpretation of California law limiting pathologists to 80 slides/day max workload, I have jettisoned some but recently picked up some but still I wouldnt say the cyto load is huge by my standard.

Lots of cyto to me=enough to give someone work full time doing only cyto. So no.

Edit: I had to delete the orignal post so it didnt get mirrored, posted elsewhere etc. A normal incompetent crappy group of pathologists get between 70-150 applicants per spot, I would have gotten thousands.

Best thread ever. This could be a great story line for years.

1599072144835.png

OP, I just saw this thread and you gotta bring back your original post.

So far I'm imagining you're selling a self-sufficient medieval-esque walled city replete with it's own army...that also happens to come with a path lab.

Please don't let me down.

I'm disappointed that I missed it by only hours and that no one quoted the post so it would be preserved.

As regards your “heat” don’t you only get to (legally) have 10 rd mags? Not a lot of use in an “assault” rifle that is illegal for one to transport. And you sure as hell cant pack something like my Nighthawk Custom double stack 9 mm. Spit balls even come with warnings in Cali. Cali is only a “may issue” state where some cop or politician deems whether or not you can be allowed to pack. FL is a “must issue” state.

Last edited by a moderator:
As regards your “heat” don’t you only get to (legally) have 10 rd mags? Not a lot of use in an “assault” rifle that is illegal for one to transport. And you sure as hell cant pack something like my Nighthawk Custom double stack 9 mm. Spit balls even come with warnings in Cali. Cali is only a “may issue” state where some cop or politician deems whether or not you can be allowed to pack. FL is a “must issue” state.

1.) 10 rd mag law was overturned in the courts
2.) I pack twin micro Uzi's, just like this guy:
445px-InvasionUSApromo.jpg

And yes before you ask:
~a cobra bit me once and then the cobra died over 5 days in excruciating pain.
~I also went to feminist rally once and came back with a freshly ironed shirt and a sandwich.
~Gavin Newsom wears LADOC pajamas to bed at night.
~My mom told me that I was the guy who drove her home from hospital after I was born.
~local schools teach that Evolution doesnt exist, there is a merely a list of animals I chosen to let live.
~My tumor board meetings are usually the oncologists whining that although my tears cure cancer, I have never cried.

I could go on.

Likely both. Buying a medical/lab practice is very tricky. I have seen quite a few that flamed out.

LA, BTW, what is the ebitda of business, exclusive of real estate?

There is NO capitation, NO managed care and less than 5% Medicaid.

That would be a rare combination in California. Maybe in Central Valley?

As saying goes, when you are at the mountaintop, the only path left is down.

Concealed carry, in Cali?

Not just Cali, I have a concealed carry permit from the Bay Area.

Given how that is considered "near impossible" put that into the logical banks for my Chuck Norris like powers.

Waiting for the new Space Force to begin accepting applications for Space Marines where I plan to make my career change:
images.jpg

Not just Cali, I have a concealed carry permit from the Bay Area.

Given how that is considered "near impossible" put that into the logical banks for my Chuck Norris like powers.

Waiting for the new Space Force to begin accepting applications for Space Marines where I plan to make my career change:
View attachment 317661

I guess that makes three permits in the Bay Area- you, Nancy and Gavin

I guess that makes three permits in the Bay Area- you, Nancy and Gavin

Yup and I got my hair cut this week too, lucky me (and Nancy).

True story: I looked at the house for sale right near Gavin's new house last weekend, he moved to Serrano in El Dorado Hills,CA from Fair Oaks, CA due to protesters accessing his property from the American River.

Now he is in a gated property within a gated golf community:
Country Club Sacramento & El Dorado Hills CA | Serrano Country Club - Serrano Country Club

why? Serrano is NOT shutdown at all...

Ive literally put everything on hold in terms of hiring/sale etc.

California has no sun now. We are living in a world of eternal darkness. All your solar power is useless like the movie Matrix.

Vampires now freely roam the streets so my posting will be far more sporadic. They are almost done feeding on BLM protesters so I assume they will get into the hospitals next.

This could be my last post here, good luck everyone.

I took a quick cell phone pic on my way to work, its bad folks, very bad:
30-days-of-night-1024x661.jpg

Let us in on the numbers and types of applications you get

Ive literally put everything on hold in terms of hiring/sale etc.

California has no sun now. We are living in a world of eternal darkness. All your solar power is useless like the movie Matrix.

Vampires now freely roam the streets so my posting will be far more sporadic. They are almost done feeding on BLM protesters so I assume they will get into the hospitals next.

This could be my last post here, good luck everyone.

I took a quick cell phone pic on my way to work, its bad folks, very bad:
View attachment 317945

Stupid question but you’ve live there all your life. Why don’t people cut LARGE fire break areas around structures? I see all these trees all over hell and gone. Might stop some of the heartbreaking suffering out there.

Stupid question but you’ve live there all your life. Why don’t people cut LARGE fire break areas around structures? I see all these trees all over hell and gone. Might stop some of the heartbreaking suffering out there.

Because there are a bunch of nutty wacko environmentalists that would rather see the whole state burn than have competent forest management

Because there are a bunch of nutty wacko environmentalists that would rather see the whole state burn than have competent forest management
Nature’s forest management is for it all to burn occasionally. But it’s supposed to be lightning and not some dumbarse gender reveal bomb that sets the tinder off

Nature’s forest management is for it all to burn occasionally. But it’s supposed to be lightning and not some dumbarse gender reveal bomb that sets the tinder off

I’m all for controlled burns and letting natural stuff go on, but you should not live in the damned middle of it. don’t build your house next to fuel! I know it’s pretty but how many times does this have to happen.

I’m all for controlled burns and letting natural stuff go on, but you should not live in the damned middle of it. don’t build your house next to fuel! I know it’s pretty but how many times does this have to happen.
As many times as some company is dumb enough to sell home insurance with fire coverage

Same goes for building next to large flood-prone rivers like the Mississippi River. Building on oceanfront property. Building next to a volcano. Etc etc etc

Reactions: 1 users

Never, ever ask me "LADOC, Why do people in California (as well as Oregon and Washington) do X? That seems crazy."

THEY ARE CRAZY. Animals including humans and even plants never evolved to live in a place without external stressors or bottle necks for needed resources. Grapes require stress to produce good wine. Domestic animals require stress to be trained and reach maximal potential. Wild animals live in stress and resource scarcity tunnels their entire existence.

Once human environments become too ideal they reek absolute havoc on psyche and decision making capabilities.

All creatures become self destructive once they get to a point where their evolutionary programming has completely broken down. Humans in urban environments have now reach that point. They are doomed into the behavioral sink and I don't think many people in California can be reformed once this switch is flipped.

In essence, I am surrounded by "zombified humans" on a daily basis and left to wonder if they even remotely are capable of pondering their individual fate.

Large urban "hives" are death traps for life on this world. Go look at the mouse utopia experiments from the 60s. Was repeated with rats and chimps.

What you see now happening is total atrophy of leadership competence at several levels which is a direct result of the "hive collapse" the western coast of the US is now experiencing.

I will be documenting this in my new book "End of Days: Utopia to Dystopia" available in 2021 on Amazon.

Last edited: