Once you get to the interview, what is the most common cause of rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So if on your interview, the interview makes a comment such as "we need more people like you" or "this school is full of wonderful people and you are a wonderful person", does that mean you are more likely to be accepted or does the comment mean nothing?

I think it is best not to read into it. Even if they are 100% backing you they are ultimately one vote on the committee. More often, these are things said that, while true, are negated by other factors such as the fact that they are said to MANY applicants because there are so many people qualified to be "wonderful".

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's really important to write down some things that you need to convey during the interview. These things are traits that make you a good doctor, reasons why you think medicine is right for you, and why you think you can make it through medical school. All of these should be substantiated by an a story from your activities. Work these things and stories into all of your answers. This makes it alot easier to have an interesting interview and still sell yourself.

Very sound advice. Love it and can't wait to do this for my upcoming interview on Monday. Seriously - this is the best advice I've seen in here yet regarding interviews!