One Day Left....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helo doc

Get to de' choppa... now!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Only one day until the GMESB results are released, and it's KILLING ME!!! :scared: I hope everyone gets good news tomorrow.

I :love: the military's "hurry up and wait" standard operating procedures. I don't know which will happen first - the results get posted or my gigantic duodenal ulcer perfs and I get admitted.

Members don't see this ad.

helo doc said:
Only one day until the GMESB results are released, and it's KILLING ME!!! :scared: I hope everyone gets good news tomorrow.

I :love: the military's "hurry up and wait" standard operating procedures. I don't know which will happen first - the results get posted or my gigantic duodenal ulcer perfs and I get admitted.

Tomorrow? I thought results were going to be posted on Thurs Dec 15.

Members don't see this ad :)
rotatores said:
I believe the Army is on the 15th...the Navy the 14th.

Rotatores
USUHS 2006

yeah, don't rub it in for all us poor army smucks that have to wait those extra few hours. is it not all one big board that decides these things? you'd think after 2 months that 24 more hours would be no biggie, but...

Well...The Navy states that they have until noon on the 15th to release the results...so chances are we'll also be waiting until the 15th.

You folks aren't helping out any here! By the time tomorrow comes and goes without any results, I'm gonna be a chain smoking, coffee pounding, Jolt cola drinking, amphetamine popping, glue sniffing wreck. I'm okay.... really. Now, where did I put my haloperidol??

rotatores said:
Well...The Navy states that they have until noon on the 15th to release the results...so chances are we'll also be waiting until the 15th.

does that mean you'll be continually checking the website in hopes of an earlier notification? man, i'd almost rather have a hard time to look forward to.

also, this seems pretty obvious, but can someone confirm that army results are released at noon EST? i'm hoping that all points west can look for an answer a few hours earlier.

rotatores said:
I believe the Army is on the 15th...the Navy the 14th.

Rotatores
USUHS 2006

Air Force people received an email stating that we will be informed by email on the morning of the 14th. (The results will also be posted online.)

What's done is done. Nothing you can do about it. Results are in, assignments made. No sense in going crazy over it.

For those that don't get the spot they want, sorry. Try again next year.

For those that get the spot they want - congrats.

Now we wait.....

Hope you all have better luck than I did. For me applications to the JSGME board were nothing but rejections and disappointment. Kind of like trying to find a date at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, or at the set of the SI swimsuit edition, or the Playboy Mansion.

I am with all of you guys. This suspense is really starting to get to me. We will see how much sleep I get tonight. I am really on edge and short with people- my medics are avoiding me right now.

As a GMO- the notification means more than where I am going. It means I can plan my PCS escape from my current assignment. I can finally decide on what kind of car I will buy. Also- it determines which region of the country I will spend the next 3-4 years of my life Hawaii, DC, Texas, Seattle etc. Since it is cold and snowing where I am- lets us hope for Warm climates.

After I interviewed, I realized the Program Directors had all the say in where I am going. It is has been a difficult wating period. Especially when you consider that they made the decisions 2 weeks ago. What is the hold up?

I will probably be checking my e-mail and the website every few minutes. After I find out, I am going to drop my RFO that same day.

Hopefully- everyone has agreat day afterwards. If I get what I want - I know I will.

Good Luck to everyone

Good Luck to everyone

grayce79 said:
Air Force people received an email stating that we will be informed by email on the morning of the 14th. (The results will also be posted online.)

also received an email from the army saying that results will be posted online on the 14th, but it didn't specify the morning or any other particular time.

at least i won't have to wait that extra 24 hours :thumbup:

colbgw02 said:
also received an email from the army saying that results will be posted online on the 14th, but it didn't specify the morning or any other particular time.

at least i won't have to wait that extra 24 hours :thumbup:

THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!! I emailed the army GME person to ask what time the results would be posted and she never responded to me! arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggg....it's killing me!!! :scared:

The wait is killing me too...if only I could fall asleep. Tomorrow morning in clinic I'm going to be worthless...and if I don't get what I want I'm gonna be quite pissy in the afternoon clinic.

Rotatores
USUHS 2006

rotatores said:
The wait is killing me too...if only I could fall asleep. Tomorrow morning in clinic I'm going to be worthless...and if I don't get what I want I'm gonna be quite pissy in the afternoon clinic.

Rotatores
USUHS 2006

i know i am currently on peds neurosurg and do not have cases in the am but have to give a presentation in the afternoon...i hope that i get what i want otherwise i don't think that my presentation will go so well. :smuggrin:

It's just after midnight in the Eastern time zone and I'm hoping the AF will put their results up tonight. I heard they did that last year.

I just realized that the AF results come from Texas, so I'm going to have to stay up until midnight Central time to see if they post them.