One LOR says it wasn't signed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sliceofbread136

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I noticed one of my 4 LORs has the message This letter has not been signed by the writer.

I already sent the letters along time ago and didn't notice this, so I don't think I can fix it now. How big a deal is it?

Members don't see this ad.

In my experience, most schools haven't raised an issue about it; only one was SUNY Downstate, according to them one letter had no signature + was not written on letterhead, the other wasn't written on letterhead. But I got an interview at another school with no problems/questions raised regarding my LORs, and no other school has mentioned anything.

That said, probably better to get it fixed if at all possible, but if impossible don't worry too much about it.

In my experience, most schools haven't raised an issue about it; only one was SUNY Downstate, according to them one letter had no signature + was not written on letterhead, the other wasn't written on letterhead. But I got an interview at another school with no problems/questions raised regarding my LORs, and no other school has mentioned anything.

That said, probably better to get it fixed if at all possible, but if impossible don't worry too much about it.

Well I sent in everything about a month ago, I don't think I can fix it at this point. Hopefully it won't be a problem since most schools only require 3 letters and this was my 4th.

See if you get it resent with a signature, you don't want to lose any preventable points