One more time....Agaisnt the grain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JChaney

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 25, been in college for the past 3 years, including the Air Force community college. Was in the military, during the war, injured, and also took another two year course before that. Worked in a variety of places before. (Machine designe and machine trades) Realized that I don't want to be a factory worker and watch my life's early habbits, continue to steal precious time where marginal cost...destroys marginal revenue, not to mention a family. I worked an average of 300 overtime hours, every three months automating machines for proccess off the line. I have made great sacrifice just to get here. I enjoyed making over 40k year before I was 21, but realizing a quick factory paycheck may not be the ticket working 100 hours a week for $13.50, maybe now it would be $15.00 or $16.00 with no or little retirment. Maybe $20 hour at the best, that is if I agree never to see home, so with that experiance, and cotinuing college... I have a more than an associates in computer science; MCSE, MCSD with other buisness classes undermy belt with a year left for my Bahelors. For transfer, I am taking Algebra and a social class, then transfering to the University of Toledo. They accept all my credits and have the classes to finish everything in computers, just in case, but computer jobs are far and few between, so why even stop long enough to know? Meanwhile, on the way around, I start taking prepharmacy clesses next semester. By the time I get enough experiance for computers, I can get the Pharmd completed, and be getting "computer experiance" at the same time. So I think I must transfere. Once there, I need to take pre-chem, then Chem 1 with all my other prerequ's because I never had Chemistry and for that scored like a 25 on my pre-admissions test. Maybe I can apply next fall quarter if I double up on Pre-chem and Chem 1, that is... assuming my math is in good shape. Is there anybody in this situation, or near? If so what are the odds of making a seemingly smooth transition? I am not too old, but at the turning point, so I am wondering where I will be in step two. Thank you, and remember..............................

Members don't see this ad.