Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

one of your fifteen?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mansoor, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Mansoor

Mansoor Member

Would you list TA positions as one of your fifteen EC experiences, even though its on the transcript as a "teaching practicum" and you get credits for it. Also, if you do it more than once, for different areas, would you list those seperately or as one experience?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bikini Princess

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mansoor:
    <strong>Would you list TA positions as one of your fifteen EC experiences, even though its on the transcript as a "teaching practicum" and you get credits for it. Also, if you do it more than once, for different areas, would you list those seperately or as one experience?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't get credit for TA, I got $. I put it down. I did different areas, I included it all as one experience. I think it would be foolish to do otherwise.

4. Cydney Foote

Cydney Foote Senior Member

The Adcom wants evidence of your ability to handle responsibility, and a TA-ship definitely demonstrates this regardless of whether you were paid or got credit. I'd combine your TA-ships into one experience, briefly describing responsibilites that were common throughout all of them. Good luck!