Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

one of your fifteen?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mansoor, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Mansoor

Mansoor Member
    7+ Year Member

Would you list TA positions as one of your fifteen EC experiences, even though its on the transcript as a "teaching practicum" and you get credits for it. Also, if you do it more than once, for different areas, would you list those seperately or as one experience?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mansoor:
    <strong>Would you list TA positions as one of your fifteen EC experiences, even though its on the transcript as a "teaching practicum" and you get credits for it. Also, if you do it more than once, for different areas, would you list those seperately or as one experience?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't get credit for TA, I got $. I put it down. I did different areas, I included it all as one experience. I think it would be foolish to do otherwise.

4. Cydney Foote

Cydney Foote Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The Adcom wants evidence of your ability to handle responsibility, and a TA-ship definitely demonstrates this regardless of whether you were paid or got credit. I'd combine your TA-ships into one experience, briefly describing responsibilites that were common throughout all of them. Good luck!