One year masters programs?

Started by wmsbxc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I did a one year MS program at the medical school associated with my undergraduate university and many of my MD/PhD classmates have done similar things. I know you would like to train someplace new, but I would suggest at least considering programs associated with your current university - it gives you a chance to start graduate coursework (and research projects) early which is a great help when you're trying to cram courses + thesis + applications/interviews into a single year. It also gives your graduate PI a chance to know you before you have to submit MD/PhD applications which is important if you want your gap year research to count for much of anything.

It's worth considering.