SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

online biochem classes

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Deepa100, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Deepa100

Deepa100 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 24, 2006
    I am interested in some links to online biochem classes that are preferably extended term. Please post if you know any reputable universities that offer this. I don't want University of Phoenix-likes on my transcript though. It will be oo obvious that it is an online U.
    Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. CATallergy

CATallergy 2+ Year Member

Jan 23, 2007
    I'm thinking of doing the same. I'm trying to decide between UC Berkeley Extension and UNECOM (University of New England College of Medicine).

leaning to UNECOM

4. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California Moderator 10+ Year Member

Jul 23, 2004
    I liked the one at UC Berkeley. But keep in mind there are lots of medical schools that will not accept it for a pre-req. I know Davis and UCLA are two that refused online/distance learning for any pre-reqs.

5. bear729

bear729 2+ Year Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Seattle
    I'm pretty sure that Washington State University has online biochem in the fall, spring and summer semesters.

6. Zagaza

Zagaza Exodontist 10+ Year Member

Jun 15, 2005
    In the Clouds
    University of Minnesota

7. 126990

126990 Guest 5+ Year Member

Dec 10, 2006
    L.A.
    the other day i called ucla/geffen, as i had taken an online stats I course and wanted to know if they frowned on that. the admissions counselor told me that as long as i took it for a grade it was fine with them. i wouldn't take another pre-req online course, though, b/c of the nature of the subjects. i'm curious as to where you heard that ucla doesn't take accept online courses, as i certainly don't want to come to the end of the line and be rejected b/c of a misunderstanding. thanks.