Online Biochemistry Course Offered During the Summer

jlauryw

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I've been searching for an online biochemistry course that I would be able to take during the summer. So far I've heard of UNE and the Berkeley Extension (which my school said it will not accept credit from). Are there any other schools that offer biochemistry ONLINE during the summer?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I've been searching for an online biochemistry course that I would be able to take during the summer. So far I've heard of UNE and the Berkeley Extension (which my school said it will not accept credit from). Are there any other schools that offer biochemistry ONLINE during the summer?
If the purpose of this course is the pre-medical requirement of biochemistry I suggest you do not do either. The MCAT changed mainly to incorporate biochemistry. You're literally trying to bypass the main reason the MCAT changed. Medical school admissions are keen to this; they know why students take biochemistry/core pre-medical requirements during the summer: its easier. And you have no other classes. Unless you have a serious reason where you MUST take biochemistry in the summer, do not.

Additionally. many medical schools do not consider an online class as a satisfactory completion of the pre-medical courses required, so even if you take it online, it won't count.

UNE was incredible. You interact with the professor a good bit, honestly. You can't cheat (not that you should, but just a heads up if youre expecting an easy A). It's a brutal class but worth it. Of the 40 schools I applied to all of the ones who required Biochem accepted UNE's course.