Online classes due to COVID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamerCNM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know if med schools who usually do not accept prereqs as online classes will make an exception for this semester? I’m scheduled to take physics in summer semester and was just notified that due to covid, all classes will be online until the end of summer semester. I’m on a tight schedule and if I have to wait to take physics, it will delay my application by a year. Hoping that’s not the case!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, anyone know if med schools who usually do not accept prereqs as online classes will make an exception for this semester? I’m scheduled to take physics in summer semester and was just notified that due to covid, all classes will be online until the end of summer semester. I’m on a tight schedule and if I have to wait to take physics, it will delay my application by a year. Hoping that’s not the case!

There is a difference between taking an online class versus an in person class that was moved online due to covid. The latter will appear as a normal class on your transcript and will likely not cause problems. An online physics class, like those offered by UNE, BYU, ASU, and any number of for profit entities, are different and likely will continue to be viewed unfavorably. Take the class, you will be fine.

Reactions: 1 user

Medical schools (if they want to stay operational) will need to adjust their policies since aspects of the entire applicant pool have changed. The administrators that run institutions are aware of these issues and probably have discussed them already.

As you mature academically and in your career, one thing you will find out is that administrators and management tend to "keep their cards close to their chest", so to speak.