Online classes during the pandemic 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothdirty

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, this question has been asked before but were tailored to the Spring 2020 - Summer 2020. I know ADEA posted updates by school, but I haven't found anything related to 2020-2021 school year. I am taking online classes right now and will probably remain online in the Spring 2021. Will I be penalized for taking online courses? They are online in distance learning formats, we still meet for class. I also have labs online, which isn't desired but it is the way my uni set it up.
If I apply in the future, will admissions still remember the pandemic and take that into consideration? Because all my classes the past year have been online. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You will absolutely not be penalized for COVID online classes. Most everyone is taking online classes and they are mandatory by many schools, and the dental schools understand this. Also, if you want to explain yourself, there was a COVID section in the application this year to explain how COVID affected you. They may or may not keep this section in the application during the next few years, but no dental school will ever forget the COVID-19 pandemic and how it affected academics all over the US and world. So don't worry about it. I'll give you proof: I had all online classes last spring before graduating and I still got 7 interviews.

Reactions: 1 user