Online courses at community college..I need help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsuya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I searched the forums to find and answer but couldnt find a correct one. I am a biology major and want to take calc1 and calculus2 online this summer instead of wainting to next semester. While they are not prereqs for dental school they are still prereqs for my major. Would dental school look down upon the fact that I took any online course at all even though its not one of their prereq's
thankyou

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am not sure about the online courses but I took a general physics class in a community college which fulfilled the pre reqs for my bachelor degree requirements but some schools don't accept classes taken at a 2 - year college. I got accepted to Tufts but they want me to re take that physics class at a 4-year class before matriculating. All of my other classes (including calculus I and II) that I took at community classes are fine but those were not online. So I think it should be okay but check with some of the dental schools and get their opinion on it.
Hope this helps!

I took a semester of Calc online, and I thought I learned the material very well, but it depends on the teacher. I'm not so sure if they'd like to see your entire year of calc online, but if would simplify your life because of conflicting classes or whatever, I don't think it would hurt you too much. Either way, online classes don't show up as online on your transcripts - though there is a section on the Application where you can mark a class as having been taken online.