• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Online Courses with one Pre-req?

Marencka

Aug 19, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi there, I've been a long time lurker of this network, but just made an account today. So I have somewhat of a convoluted story as to why I am going this route, so I won't bore anyone with the story. I am currently residing in my home-state while doing online classes at the local community college where I will be moving to once I sell my house. I am taking Ethics, American Lit, and Intro to Psych. Is it okay for me to take Intro to Psych, a pre-req, online through a CC? I have seen various information upon this, so I was just looking for a definitive answer. Thanks!

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
Hi there, I've been a long time lurker of this network, but just made an account today. So I have somewhat of a convoluted story as to why I am going this route, so I won't bore anyone with the story. I am currently residing in my home-state while doing online classes at the local community college where I will be moving to once I sell my house. I am taking Ethics, American Lit, and Intro to Psych. Is it okay for me to take Intro to Psych, a pre-req, online through a CC? I have seen various information upon this, so I was just looking for a definitive answer. Thanks!
Some schools will not allow prereqs via online however they maybe specific as to which courses. You will have to get the MSAR and look school by school and see if any schools that you had considered applying to require psych and, if so, wont take online.

While psych is needed for the MCAT, the course itself needs to be completed prior to matriculation. You can apply without the course and pick it up during your glide year

Piglet2020

5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2016
I took psych online at a community college. My pre-health advisor (over 20+ years experience) told me it was fine. I received credit for it at my university. They told me it's not a big deal as long as it's not one of those major STEM courses like orgo or gen bio.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.