Online Genetics or immunology Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have to finish the 12 credit hrs in Biology requirement for Scholl. I already have10 credits in Bio. I thought of taking a Genetics Course (3 credits) . So in that way, i will have 13 credits in Biology

iam all set to fly to India in last week of Jan, right after MCAT test. I enquired at some colleges that offer online genetics or immunology class.

one of the colleges is:
http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/soc/e...x?termcode=all (found this in pre-vet thread).

I have already completed General Biology(4 credits) and Vertebrate Zoology (4 credits) and Biochemistry (4 quarter hrs = 2.7 credit hrs). Is Immunology or Genetics class good enough to satisfy the 12 credit in biology requirement. or you think i shud take something like Microbiology, or Anatomy,etc.

Iam just curious, did anybody else did any online course. Is it easy or hard. Iam going to india for the next 7 months (till August 2nd week). So i will be doing all my coursework from India. Just wanted your opinion on how to study, prepare or organize for online course.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I have to finish the 12 credit hrs in Biology requirement for Scholl. I already have10 credits in Bio. I thought of taking a Genetics Course (3 credits) . So in that way, i will have 13 credits in Biology

iam all set to fly to India in last week of Jan, right after MCAT test. I enquired at some colleges that offer online genetics or immunology class.

one of the colleges is:
http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/soc/e...x?termcode=all (found this in pre-vet thread).

I have already completed General Biology(4 credits) and Vertebrate Zoology (4 credits) and Biochemistry (4 quarter hrs = 2.7 credit hrs). Is Immunology or Genetics class good enough to satisfy the 12 credit in biology requirement. or you think i shud take something like Microbiology, or Anatomy,etc.

Iam just curious, did anybody else did any online course. Is it easy or hard. Iam going to india for the next 7 months (till August 2nd week). So i will be doing all my coursework from India. Just wanted your opinion on how to study, prepare or organize for online course.

Always go to the admissions rep of the school you are interested in or going to. While the opinions expressed on SDN are usually right, the only opinion that counts is the admissions department.

I'd say going to the source is best, as Dr. Feelgood mentioned.

From my personal experience, I took one non-science elective course independent study and it seemed they made the course more difficult than what was offered in a normal classroom and I've heard that from others at my school. So perhaps it also depends on the school offering the class you want. They may try to make the questions a little more tricky but essentially you get out of the class what you put into it, same as if you were back on campus.