• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Online interviews

CharlieAF

May 6, 2020
  1. Dentist
So I’ve noticed Langone has said on their website that all their (EDIT: pediatric) residency interviews will be virtual this fall. I wonder how many other programs will do the same.

From a travel standpoint that saves money, but it also will make ranking and interviewing more difficult. I’m not sure how I feel about this.

But I guess silver lining is I only need half a suit?

Last edited:
About the Ads

CharlieAF

May 6, 2020
  1. Dentist

Their website.

“We will begin accepting applications for the 2021 cycle on May 14, 2020. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and all interviews for this application cycle will be conducted virtually and not in person.”

I don’t see the same messages on all the program pages though, so I edited my original post for clarity. :)

Click Here to Apply

Reactions: 1 user

allDAT

10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2011
  1. Dentist
Several programs will likely be going this route. It's a disadvantage to both parties. A big part of the process is to evaluate the facility, sites, residents, and staff prior to ranking the programs. Hopefully they connect you guys with residents and a virtual tour is provided. It will be a weird year or two as this pandemic plays out.

Reactions: 1 user

mmc12

2+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2016
  1. Dentist
IMO the interview process is as much about applications visiting the site, talking to residents and staff as it is the formal interview process. It’s a severe disadvantage to have online interviews IMO

CharlieAF

May 6, 2020
  1. Dentist
Yeah, I agree. I’m bummed by the situation, as I can see this happening with a number of programs. Fortunately I was able to visit of NYU Langone’s pedo residencies before sars-cov-2 hit, so at least I have some feel for their program. I HOPE not all programs do this. However, I can see how it could be an issue, particularly for hospital based programs, as access to healthcare facilities is still limited in some states. Hey, it is what it is. Just have to go with the flow.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.