Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eventually all medical schools will shift to an online based curriculum and come into class only for practice patient encounters and in class presentations/OMM (if in DO school) and maybe exams (but examsoft has been changing this as well).
There are new materials put forth almost every other year for board review (Boards and Beyond, Sketchy, AMBOSS etc.) The need of in class lecture has become obsolete and I think only exists to keep professors with a job and for the gunners who insist they learn better by sitting in the front and asking questions.
There are schools that have already removed cadavers and dissection labs from anatomy and switched to a completely lecture based program. Complete Anatomy can be a great tool for this.
Most lecture students don't even go to class and watch the lectures at their own time anyway.
I think unless the current teaching paradigm (powerpoint and exams) shift, a lot of professors will be out of a job, and this goes for undergrad too now that I think about it.
What do you guys think? Obviously this would only work for the first 2 years (basic sciences).
There are new materials put forth almost every other year for board review (Boards and Beyond, Sketchy, AMBOSS etc.) The need of in class lecture has become obsolete and I think only exists to keep professors with a job and for the gunners who insist they learn better by sitting in the front and asking questions.
There are schools that have already removed cadavers and dissection labs from anatomy and switched to a completely lecture based program. Complete Anatomy can be a great tool for this.
Most lecture students don't even go to class and watch the lectures at their own time anyway.
I think unless the current teaching paradigm (powerpoint and exams) shift, a lot of professors will be out of a job, and this goes for undergrad too now that I think about it.
What do you guys think? Obviously this would only work for the first 2 years (basic sciences).
